Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife and I are just starting with taking road tripsand we are not ready for the highway yet. Does anyone know of a website that may tell me where I can go for some day trips in the Ohio area or back road mapping programs?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Did you try the ohio.gov website for tourist info? It might help give you some ideas for your area:waving:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Berlin Ohio area has some very nice roads to putt along...just watch the carts and tractors.....amish area ya know

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

mjohnson wrote:
My wife and I are just starting with taking road tripsand we are not ready for the highway yet. Does anyone know of a website that may tell me where I can go for some day trips in the Ohio area or back road mapping programs?

We got some good information from state of Ohio. Found and ordered off internet and it arrived in 3 days.:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

do be aware that secondary highways usually have cross traffic and, as we all know, they will say, "I never saw that motorcycle".

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

If I was in Cleveland and I was looking for interesting parts of Ohio that are good bike roads, I think I'd stick to the southeasterly part of the state. There are lots of good winding roads down there with a lot less population to deal with.

Ohio is an incredible state in terms of the diversity of topography and different types of economic activities. You can never be bored in Ohio. Just stay east of Columbus and south of Akron, and you should be alright.

However, if you want just an incredible short day trip, head for the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland. When you're standing ten feet from the original Beatles jackets and guitars; or Jim Morrison's cub scout uniform, that is a "trip in itself".

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I just got back from a 4 day 1300 mile run through Maryland. West Virginia twice, Kentucky and Ohio. Southern Ohio had some great twisties and the roads are fairly new covering on them. But I noticed allot of road TRASH! sand and gravel on the roads that I took. Just watch for the stuff. If you get a chance try RT 50 from east to west in West Virginia, the eastern protion is a blast, good roads through the montains and clean! The routes I did through Ohio when I came up from Kentucky was 23 North to Circleville then 56 East to Athens the 690 North to 550 East then down 7 to hook up with 50.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi mjohnson,

I just came west out of Columbus on Route 36. Great country road through some neat little farming communities. Lots of twisties and good pavement. This bridge was on a side road and I went back to get a snapshot of the Wing and the bridge.

Dick

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

kewl pic!!!

Isn't it something when you see something like that bridge the first thing we think of is getting a pic of it with the wing:grinner: I know I do:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I have a SilverWing that I got last fall, and just picked up a 1993 GoldWing Aspencade this spring. I am starting to venture around the eastern side of Ohio. Starting point from Youngstown. If you want to read some of my misadventures you can find them on my web page.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~meisenbraun/

I also have a bicycle page, and a few other things to check out.

BigMark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.