Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wanted them to angle upward slightly. They don't. They remind me of a Honda CB. Using old Britt parts and new Asian parts, it'll work. But do I like it? I hammered all morning to get it to this point. It has to stay this way until the mid/rearsets are done. I may take those pipes to a muffler shop and add 5* of upward sweep aft of the engine. The pipes are from a late A65T but the frame is much earlier. The different frame fittings made the header pipes swing outward making the balance pipe impossible to fit. Cutting and shortening the header brackets made them fit, everything is now cut and clamped and hammered into place. For final fitting and welding. There will need to be a rear support. There isn't anything like that . I'll use the chrome straps that came with the muffs. I've made wine and I've made motorcycles. Wine is easier, but either one asks the question "Do I want the easy thing or do I want the right thing?"

I ordered a bunch of electrical parts last night. A lot of you guys ride motorcycles with sound systems and headphones. I blame no one for wanting music on a ride but the sound of your engine can be so much more soothing. It's a song that changes according to the road. You can hear it and feel it at the same time. Tune in to that song and you're by God in tune with the machine and the road and the world. Critter with loud miniature Honda CB360T Muffs..

Actually Dunstalls.

Critter the kitchen bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

I had the same type of problem years ago adapting my Tiger-C modle to down-pipes and reverse cone meggies. Thinking back, that sound of a British twin was like music to my ears. Too bad my neighbors didn't appreciate my STEREO PIPES @ 2:00am:ROFL::ROFL::waving::applause: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Don't bolt the mufflers to the swing arm bolt. Believe it or not, we saw a lot of that in the 60's/70's.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Even a temporary wire hanger from the seat frame is brtter than that... :gunhead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.