Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, I found this tool on the 'Net and wondered if I should get one. It looks like a dream come true, but do any of you have experience with or opinions about it?

Description:

This Timing Cover Tool, designed forthe Goldwing GL1000 and GL1100, is a special wrench to fit the hard to reach bolts of the timing cover to avoid removing the radiator. One end of the wrench is for breaking loose and tightening the bolt and the other end is for spinning off the bolt after loosening.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I have never bought one, but I am sure that I have cursed many times the engineers who placed those bolts in awkward places. I know I have removed the coveres without removing the radiator so it can be done... the worst screws were the OEM phillips head screws that hold the tranmission cover on the front, I finally replaced them with allen head screws

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I have one of those. It's not as handy as it looks, takes so long to get the bolts turned taht its almost faster to remove the rad. Certainly much more room with the rad removed as well. Not one of my better buys. :(

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I haven't looked at the clearances yet on these bolts, but how about a ratcheting box-end wrench?... just seeing them on the market the past couple of years... handy little buggers. I purchased a set and have pretty much laid my sockets to rest since then.

Green tunnels and no stop signs,

Sterling

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the 1200 it's easy to pull the radiator, once it's out of the way you can see the marks better and it's easier to get the belt tension right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.