Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Called today about a 1988 1500 Wing. Original owner with only 17,000 miles!!. Has reverse, passenger armrest.Color is blue.Say's he drives it every year, but very little. Had it out this week.Just had the oil changed.I have't gone to see it yet. I hope it's not the blue I'm thinking of!! He's asking 5000. What do you think???

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

That's a reasonable price if the bike is in good shape. That's just my opinion, others might not agree.

There's only one blue for 1988. I don't know what they call the shade but it's in the medium blue range. About like this or slightly darker.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

You will have to go and look . For that low milage the price may right . Ask for service records .

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

That would be well worth looking at John and sounds like a good price for a low miles machine. Dynastic Blue was the one for 1988, it's a mid-blue and much deeper than the very light blue on some models after 1990.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Wrong color - leave it alone. Ya know ya want RED

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Miles:
Your right!! I'll probebley go look BUT blue would be my LAST pick in color!!!!
GEEZ! I'm already negative on it!! If it was black or red I would be half sold on it BEFORE looking!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Just go bring her home - you'll get used to the color :D

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Color is a small thing if it's a good bike. Mine is Senior Gray but since she purrs like a kitten I love her anyway.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I like Blue, buy it for me!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

If you buy it change the belts right away Blue of that year is actually good to look at not like the pansy blue that came out later ( oop' s sorry) But we all know Red is fastest (right after BLACK!!!!)

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

john424 wrote:
Miles:
Your right!! I'll probebley go look BUT blue would be my LAST pick in color!!!!
GEEZ! I'm already negative on it!! If it was black or red I would be half sold on it BEFORE looking!!
you wont be looking at the bike and what color it iswhilst whizzing through the twisties. GET IT!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

If you're in the market for a wing it's always worth a look .Blue with a bit of chrome ?...you cant go wrong. Chances are if you dont like it you won't buy it even though it does sound like a good deal.

E

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I would buy that bike for that price no matter what color. You could always paint it if you just can't stand the color. I almost bought a blue 1500 with 49,000 on it for $5,500. Still regret not getting it.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Go look!!!! Thats what I did when I bought my 88 in the same color. At 17k miles WHO CARES what the color is????:D The price was right for the miles when I bought mine
two years ago this month. The color of the bike is shown in my avatar.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

William_86 wrote:
17k miles. how much he puts on it every day, maybe its 117 how could you tell?

I think the 1500"s have the million mile odometer?? Don't they??

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

john424 wrote:
William_86 wrote:
17k miles. how much he puts on it every day, maybe its 117 how could you tell?

I think the 1500"s have the million mile odometer?? Don't they??
Mine does! Turns over at 999,999 miles. I got a wyas to go as my 91 has just over 43,000 on it now.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i was looking at some pictures of 1500s dashes before posting, those i found had 6 digit display, but you dont read the last number to the left, as it read as 99,999.9

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Your local K-Mart should have enough rattle cans to change the color
As long as it was well kept during storage, I'd buy it if he'd knock $800 to a $1000 off.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
i was looking at some pictures of 1500s dashes before posting, those i found had 6 digit display, but you dont read the last number to the left, as it read as 99,999.9
My 91 does not read in tenths of a mile on the main odometer...just on the trip meter. Same with my 97 F 150 and my wife's 08 Explorer.....no tenths indicator on the main odometer. The tenths indicator is usually white in color as is the trip meter on my Wing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.