time? Headlight has to be on always (law) anyway. Thinking
of just filling in the toggleswitch holes with plastic auto
plugs. maybe leave one for driving lights. How does yours
work?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
imported post

I've got a 1981 that was imported from the US. The tail light is always on as is the headlight.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

All the USA Goldwings have the lights on all the time, headlamp cuts out when you press the starter button to save the battery. As the taillight & running lightsis onlysix 5 watt bulbs it won't draw too much from the battery so it's not really worth putting a switch in for that, unless you have other lights on at the same time. Mind you, when you are working on teh bike with the ignition on it would save the battery running down if you did fit a switch.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Do you just have the stock tail light(s)? If so, I'd wire them to be on all the time. If your tour pack looks like Christmas at night, I'd leave them on a separate switch. They're just an extra draw on your charging system, that's not really doing anything for you in the day time.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

He described his bike as a standard. Why would someone put all those toggles? The standard should just have the 2 1157 bulds in the taillight. They should be on when the ignition is on. If those switches don't have a good purpose, remove them and clean up the wiring. Extra switches and wire are trouble waiting to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.