Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After this thread got to going, it was pointed out by several, that is just a repeat of a previous thread with the same exact name. That thread is doing well.

Rather than let this derail the good "Post your Wing Personalized Plate",
I went with the general consensus to change the title of this post to:
Should you, or should you not post????

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

With the greatest respect to you and your honesty.

This is a public forum and that sort of info on the web is too dangerious.
:ssshh:

Ride safe and have fun otherwise.

Goldtop.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

I thought about not replying to this...... left the thread and then I came back to it.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, all license plates are on public display, anytime and anywhere you go with your favorite toy or other road surface vehicle.

Granted, the audience is far narrower, but let me ask why the web makes it so much more dangerous?

The tag# is public knowledge, you can't hide it. A request to DMV will produce the owner's name and address.

To be of any benefit to anyone on the web, they are going to have to physically be close enough to steal your toy.

I am open to all discussions on this one.
I am a recovering Pneumonia Victim and maybe the brain cells are still just a bit adled?? :shock2:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I thought about not replying to this...... left the thread and then I came back to it.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, all license plates are on public display, anytime and anywhere you go with your favorite toy or other road surface vehicle.

Granted, the audience is far narrower, but let me ask why the web makes it so much more dangerous?

The tag# is public knowledge, you can't hide it.  A request to DMV will produce the owner's name and address.

To be of any benefit to anyone on the web, they are going to have to physically be close enough to steal your toy.

I am open to all discussions on this one.
I am a recovering Pneumonia Victim and maybe the brain cells are still just a bit adled??  :shock2:
I never understood the whole issue with posting your tag either. I'm not even sure a non-leo type person can go to the DMV and get the name and address from a plate. Do you hide your plate when you are parked at the mall, coffee shop, DQ ? Wouldn't some one wanting to steal your stuff just follow you home?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I too have wondered why it is that people will blur the plate number when posting pics of their bikes and cars- I will be curious what explainations are posted!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

goldtop wrote:
With the greatest respect to you and your honesty.

This is a public forum and that sort of info on the web is too dangerious.
:ssshh:

Ride safe and have fun otherwise.

Goldtop.
As others have already stated, I never really understood that. I ride / drive in public and anyone can get your info off your plates. It's all public knowledge so not sure why everyone has such a concern.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

This seems to be a little repetitious to me the other post is still very much alive .

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

I am waiting to get a personalized plate for my wing until our former Governor Rod Baglojevich goes to prison and starts making license plates.

I want BLAGO MADE

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

The people who have a problem with showing their plate don't really know why they have a problem themselves. Some info is ok to feel you need to hide. But some is kind of silly to think makes any difference.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

theonegod wrote:
The people who have a problem with showing their plate don't really know why they have a problem themselves. Some info is ok to feel you need to hide. But some is kind of silly to think makes any difference.
Maricopa? Sheriff Joe, is that you?

as for the plates, custom ones cost more money and I am a cheapskate.
My plates have always been whatever the DMV gives me.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
This seems to be a little repetitious to me the other post is still very much alive .

Yup, although this one seems to be derailed. Maybe we could change the title to something like "Why or why not show your plate online" :)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

monkeytrucker wrote:
I am waiting to get a personalized plate for my wing until our former Governor Rod Baglojevich goes to prison and starts making license plates.

I want BLAGO MADE
Good one!!!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
theonegod wrote:
Maricopa? Sheriff Joe, is that you?

as for the plates, custom ones cost more money and I am a cheapskate.
My plates have always been whatever the DMV gives me.
Maricopa the city. Not the county :)

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Maricopa the city. Not the county :)
Nice try, it's still in the county :ROFL:. Seriously, I doubt if Joe's a winger.

As far as the plates, I used to blank them out when listing vehicles for sale online, but then it occured to me that I was selling a vehicle. If some one wanted to find it and steal it or scam me they could just set up a potential buy and do the deed then. So I don't bother anymore, I just make sure I don't do craiglist deals without a weapon and a second person with me (also with a weapon).

I don'thave personalized plates for my bike (college budget and all) but I had aBMW 540i with 5150BMR and my '58 chevy has KDK5150 on it (KDK is my initials).Eventually I'll try to see if GW5150 is availablefor the bike (if you can even get that many digits). Observant folks might notice a pattern with my plates :cheesygrin:.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Seriously?!? Dang it! Here I go tryin' to be a smart *** and you gotta bring facts into it :cheesygrin:.

I'm gonna have to start checkin' that kinda stuff before I type it.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

LOL no worries. 15 miles from Chandler, a million miles from Tucson but still in Pinal. Doesn't make much sense to me but what can I do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.