Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure would like the see that thing at the bottom or as another forum instead of being slapped on top. I doubt it will have enough traffic to justify it's existence.

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
I see a problem with people posting, for example, tech questions that would get more exposure in the tech forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I posted that it was gone, but I apparently didn't scroll all the way up.......

It's useless. Using a scroll mouse, or viewing on my phone I have to scroll through through the whole shout box to get to the threads......

Very annoying. However, we are now only here for the advertiser, not the forum........

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,236 Posts
FTWIW, Wingmin promised Steve that he would move it to the bottom of the page a couple of weeks ago.

However, I am noticing that our forum is not getting the attention it deserves from the site managers anymore. We have been lost amongst the others IMO.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,631 Posts
Sure would like the see that thing at the bottom or as another forum instead of being slapped on top. I doubt it will have enough traffic to justify it's existence.
Hear, hear!!
I second that emotion {suggestion}!
AND if we don't get it the way we want it, we'll shut it down!
no, wait, that only works if your the leader of the powers

:claps:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
FTWIW, Wingmin promised Steve that he would move it to the bottom of the page a couple of weeks ago.

However, I am noticing that our forum is not getting the attention it deserves from the site managers anymore. We have been lost amongst the others IMO.

Yes indeed, I am very disappointed with the lack of timely support. It takes far too long to get something done and it makes us (Moderators) look bad because we can't effect positive change.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I suspect the member count has dropped to a level that won't even support advertisers anymore. There is only a core group of us left here now. Regardless of what the counter at the bottom of the first page says, there is in now way 1000 members or people looking at this forum any more.

Go back and read some of the old post from 2 or 3 years ago and look at the names of the posters, most are people who were regulars right up until the new owners took over, and changed the forum to better suit the advertisers, regardless of what the members wanted or suggested. I suspect, and I hate to think it, the forum has been on a downward spiral and will continue that way.

I honestly thought there would never be a winner in the "Last poster here" thread........... But the countdown has begun!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
I can see what Jobe05 is saying, and I agree with it. However, there is another facet to this, in that I doubt Steve and Sexy wanted to grow old managing this unruly bunch!

It's a pity, but as always you have to follow the money, motorcycle.com aren't doing it for love of Wings, and I don't know what the alternatives would be. I know I wouldn't want to try and run it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.