Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a shoutbox? Appeared for the first time today and I am clueless.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
When do you get the popping sounds? I don't seem to get them. Probably can be turned off by an Admin or Moderator anyway.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Yeah, i get'em too! Kinda sounds like the sound ur pop-up blocker makes."Boink" water drip.

I wonder if one can 'turn-off' the scrolling shoutbox,until needed???

It makes my computor SLOW when logged-on the forum,and sometimes,'locks-up'.

It IS a great feature and thanks for all the time and effort put into it,but i wish i could have the option to use it when i want to,w/o using energy all the time.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,271 Posts
shout box is an instant texting forum between users. It is live,

if you keep your Shout Box open in a Tab by itself, you can open a new Tab and read threads in the alternate Tab. Then you can either mouse click to the other Tab to see Shout Box, or if like me, I use Control-Tab to flicker between the open Tabs in my browser.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
How do I turn it Off??? It takes up half my screen

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
if you are like me, you did not discover WHERE to use Shout Box until today.
It is only viewable on the Mail Forums page:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/ clicky to see Shout Box
John,just to make sure we are on the same page....MY shoutbox appears in the whole top half of my screen,on the "Home page" that lists all the froum topics when i log-on,AND everytime i come back to that page to read another forum topic.Everytime i come to the forums topics page,i have to wait for about three minutes until i can move.Once i click on IE:"general discussion" then it's lightning fast until i go back to the TOPICS page.

I don't have to "click" on nothing to see the shoutbox.I just wanted to make sure i haven't missed something,because if i could downsize it,my problem might be solved.I never have a problem waiting on Anything else to load anywhere.No big deal,but if there's a way,i need to know. Thanks John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.