Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently installed a set of Show Chrome Heated Hand Grips...it has a push button on and off when I turn it on the first light will flash and it shuts off or if I can get the light to stay on and get it to one of the 4 settings where it stays on steady its will be on for a few seconds and shut off. I did not have instructions in the package. If anyone has any avice it would be greatly appreciated. Tnanx Randy

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

They require at least 13.5-13.8+ volt constant to stay on. If your charging system is not putting out a constant voltage, they will shut off, to prevent battery drain. I see your running a 1200, keep the rpms above 2000 and see if they stay on. If they do, they are working as designed, if your stator is working properly.:smiler: These are really much better suited for 1500s and 1800s that have alternators.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

I would have recommended the Symtec/ dual star grip heaters under your choice of grips for your bike.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

Had very disappointing experience with dual star customer service and parts of the order that were never shipped! Glad to know about Symtec in case I ever have to do it again.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the help as long as i use the heated grips at higher rpm's they work fine. I do see the need to install the poorboy alternator conversion though!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Hey Anoldefriend. I have Showchrome grips also with the dial type heat controller. They work great. Also wire them through a relay so power to them is shut off with key. Not sure which contoller u are using-can u switch to the dial (infinite) controller?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.