Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Goldwing 1500. It runs good , It would shut off after about an hour at first but now it will only run for about 10 minutes then shuts off. Kills all power to fuel pump. After about a half hour it will start again. Acts like the kill switch, I replaced it with a new switch. Same problem. It seems like an electrical issue But I have no idea where to start. I would appreciate any feed back. Shops around here don't want to work on anything under 2000.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
Searches found these links:

post #2

hope one of those is helpful, might hit some dupes, search engines and all that.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Your Pulse generators are about to leave you stranded.

What you are experiencing is their "Warning" that you are about to be a pedestrian!

Change them now at your convenience. instead of after you have the bike towed home or to a shop.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
Just so you know, the fuel pump never receives constant power so checking for power at the fuel pump wont work. You can only check to see if fuel pump is working properly by running a jumper wire from a 12v positive source to the "B" terminal on top of fuel pump plate.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Checking the fuel pump for power is a good preliminary test for PGs. If the fuel pump has no power while cranking the engine that shows a real possibility the PGs have failed. If the ECM sees no PG signal it will not turn the fuel pump on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your Pulse generators are about to leave you stranded.

What you are experiencing is their "Warning" that you are about to be a pedestrian!

Change them now at your convenience. instead of after you have the bike towed home or to a shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just so you know, the fuel pump never receives constant power so checking for power at the fuel pump wont work. You can only check to see if fuel pump is working properly by running a jumper wire from a 12v positive source to the "B" terminal on top of fuel pump plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ran a positive line to the fuel pump, Same problem. So I'm fairly sure it's the pulse Generators. Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
I would verify if they are faulty before purchasing new ones.

You can "heat them up" to verify if they are causing the failure.

When the bike fails to start, then check them.......

.Checking the Pulse Generators:

C63 white “4-pin” connector located above the right fan shroud.

White/yellow and yellow wires (400 – 500 ohms).

White/blue and blue wires (400 – 500 ohms)

Its also possible they could be contaminated/dirty causing a failure. Don't ask how I know...!

They are not real cheap......!

·
Registered
476 Posts
New are still available but expensive, i got some used from a canadian breaker, cost more in postage tp uk than he wanted for pulsars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts