Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Bish wrote:
I live out in the sticks down a few miles of dirt road. Some of my other nicer bikes looked like crap after only a few weeks , and taking care of the paint always seems to end up being a full time job.......to the point where I quit riding them because I don't want to clean 'em. Now, my old wing had surprisingly decent paint for being nearly 30 yrs old......but it's going to hell fast onmy road. Plus, the plastic is getting sun damaged.......so I'm thinking.........

truck bed liner. Saw a jeep yesterday that was done, tub and exterior in bed liner. It looked surprisingly good. He told me he did it with 2 gallons of Herculiner for about 150.00 because he was tired of fixing dings. Now it takes him 5 minutes to touch it up. It makes body work a snap too.

Be an interesting experiment. Kind of a stealth road warrior kind of look.
Hey Bish...you have that backwards! I got myself the nickname "Pigpen" because I don't want to stop riding to clean them!
GGG started it, and I finally told him I was going to have a name tag made AND wear it...he called my bluff and had it made for me, so now where it used to say"Scott"...it says "Pigpen":D:cooldevil::gunhead:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Krylon Satin... without the lowers on it...

Wheels are Krylon Industrial Gloss.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
I like the look . You did good on that . I Am curiuos about how the " silencer " sounds. Are there any baffles or just the holes drilled in the side of the pipe ?
I have Kromewerks baffles installed altho I think the holes difuse the sound somewhat. I think those pipes sound better then the HD Screamin' Eagle mufflers that I had on before. I've run into Wing guys that were impressed with the sound. You can easily cruise with a light throttle and not p*ss people off. Grab a handful & it sounds downright nasty.

I like it enough that the HD mufflers never went back on.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Truck bed liner in a spray can is the handiest thing since sliced bread. I've used it on a numbering of projects including my helmet. A buddy of mine also painted his bike (a Vulcan) with it and it looks great.

Like everything else, it's all about the prep work. But it's easy to put on and extremely durable!

I only wish that Duplicolor would release more colors in the spray can!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.