Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My question is why arent the side bags engineered to fit a full size helmet to fit inside them? Just because the trunk has barley functioning helmet holders isn't a excuse.

My FJR1300 could fit a full size hemet no problem. and a full size tourer cant? wtf

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The trunk will hold a full size helmet ,,,The saddlebags are for carrying your bags etc ,I have never had a problem hanging my helmets on the helmet locks under the trunk ,,The goldwing are a touring bike and the spaces provided are for luggage not helmets ,A lot of use taking your wing on a long trip and no room for your luggage because the helmets are in where the luggage should be ,:baffled::baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

every time Ive used those "Helmet Holders" I take the helmet back off and notice the paint all scratched and smudged, from the helmet hanging. I dont think they are user friendly.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think it is big bike parts that do a type of pad that you can stick on to the bike where the helmet touches ,It saves the helmet and the paint on the bike ,,I have seen them on ebay a few times ,,If it is raining I just put it in the trunk as my sidebags are nearly always full of something ,(mainly junk) Ciaran

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I don't know about storing a helmet in the side bags but I would like to see the side bags a little bigger.

It may be my imagination but I think the bags on my GL1500SE were a little bigger.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

wexman wrote:
I think it is big bike parts that do a type of pad that you can stick on to the bike where the helmet touches ,It saves the helmet and the paint on the bike ,
Again, why after spending alot of firggin money on this bike, why should I have to buy something else optional to make it reasonably functional? Thats like buying a airline ticket and having to spend extra money to get alchohol... errr wait n/m :dude:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

erxkeel wrote:
wexman wrote:
I think it is big bike parts that do a type of pad that you can stick on to the bike where the helmet touches ,It saves the helmet and the paint on the bike ,
Again, why after spending alot of firggin money on this bike, why should I have to buy something else optional to make it reasonably functional? Thats like buying a airline ticket and having to spend extra money to get alchohol... errr wait n/m :dude:
:dude: :cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Just gotta gloat a bit. I can gettwo helmets in the trunk and one in each saddlebag on my 1500. The reduction in luggage space on the 1800 is it's largest drawback to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.