Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On this site if you look at buying a used GL1200 in that picture where the #5 is I would like to find a pair of those covers that are on the limited. Anyone know where they might be found at? :?Click on the image below to see which cover I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I have them on my 1984, and have been looking for a chrome set, there are none available that I have found in the past 3 months, either Chrome or Plastic. I have a friend who is a fiberglass fabricator, I should let him make the moulds from mine, then start making them, they would probably be to expensive though.

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I changed my avitar to show mine, it looks like if we made some of these from a fiberglass mould, we would only have to cut out the top corner to accomodate the fuel injection unit. Do you think they look the same otherwise?

Blessings

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

They look pretty close. Can you look into what you friend would charge for making a mold. Bet they would sell good. Since gas prices have gone up a lot of older bikes are showing up more.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

I have a pair for my '85 Aspy. They're not in very good shape, and I need to do some repair and repainting. I'm also missing one of the "twist-n-lock" fasteners. Does anyone know where I might find one of those?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I saw a post on this GREAT forum about those, and they gave a link to where they are sold, I even looked at them. You can do a search and probably find it, but I will look for you TOO!

Blessings
Steve-O

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

Wow, I have never seen those before. If some one is interested in making them, I too would be interested if they are not toooo expensive.

JimC in NC (USA)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

I have a set on my 85 LTD which I found on EBay but they were kind of high priced, around 180 dollars. They show up every once in a while, them and that left battery side cover are getting hard to get:12ltd:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Yes, E-Bay is your best bet. You can alsotry whitney's classic wings out of Texas, They strip the older wings out and sell the parts.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I have had no luck yet on either of those. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Well they are very hard to find, youmay have to watch for along time. I have spent 6mths looking for things, just as I'm ready to give up they pop up. I will keep a look out for you.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thank you very much. Hopefully one day I will get some.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Years ago I waited six months before I found one ... for my LTD. I learnt the hard way you DO NOT trust those silly twist fasteners. Converted the fasteners to a 2 black washers (one rubber,one steel) and black self-tappers. Neat,,,,and safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.