Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just for everyone's info, here's the way things are developing so far...the state laws don't allow byob. The upstairs party room we have at the clubhouse has a bar, which they will open for functions such as ours. I found out this morning that there will be a $20 per hour for bartender, with $6 wine, $5 beer.

I was thinking that if we want a bartender, maybe do that for 2 hours or so, and roll that into the dinner price, still staying under $15 for the meal. Than we can go back to the base area at Best Western and finish the night there.

There are also other options besides that clubhouse, where we could bring our own, so those are possibilities, too. I can look into the Best Western conference room, but it's enclosed, kinda downstairs, and nothing special, other than location.

The clubhouse is just very nice, and very scenic, with a deck overlooking the golf course with the mtns in the background. There's always a great sunset from there. So, it's a nice setting, and a warm indoor place, since itmay be getting cool at night.

So, give me some ideas, and we'll get it tweaked.

Thanks for all the ideas and assistance! Wilton

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

that's kinda pricey think i'll have cocktail hour before and after. doesn't co. have 3/2 beer?

·
Just one of the guys
4,812 Posts
imported post

No bar for me or the Mrs. We are more of the diet Pepsi sort

Nothing against having one now and again, mostly just don't like the taste of the stuff.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

OK. It's sounding like we might not need the bartender, which is cool with me.

I don't think I'll be drinking anything, either, just cuz I'm trying to get some lard off my tail.

We won't close the subject til we hear from others for a day or two, so chime in, everyone.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Plainmech,

The grocery stores, I think, sell 3% beer, and the liquor stores sell 5%.

Does that make sense? :?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

perfect sense swampfox thanks, need to make sure them guys from across the pond know they'll think somethings wrong:toast::alco::? , be bad enough it only comes in 12 oz.:cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

HOOO Boy :shock:,,,,,,,,, I did like those oil cans in my day. But 12 years sober now so the only oil can I pick up has real motor oil in it.

The discription you give of the club house sounds nice to me. After all,,,,,, why be in some of the best country around and not enjoy it.

Nine days till I hit the road :banana:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

5 buck beer, 6 buck wine, 20 per hr bartender, are we going to Montrose or New York? I'll pass on the pricey booze, plus I don't like to ride after partaking more than a couple...is it walking distance?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

TitaniumWing wrote:
5 buck beer, 6 buck wine, 20 per hr bartender, are we going to Montrose or New York? I'll pass on the pricey booze, plus I don't like to ride after partaking more than a couple...is it walking distance?
Not walking distance.I think we're reaching consensus, so we'll prob eat, then go to

Best Western (hereafter refered to as BW), and fall drunken, if that's our preference.

Most everything's within knee walkin' distance of there! :cheeky1:

I'm with ya on the not riding after drinking. That's how most of us lived to be wingers!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Oops...well I was just "thinking out loud", which of course, is nearly ALWAYS dangerous! :cooldevil:

It sounds like we should just skip the alcohol, and have a nice dinner? I agree; that's an awfully pricey drink, to me, and frankly, it's not fair to penalize those who don't drink so I'm happy to forego that....:waving:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Some people call "thinking out loud" COMMUNICATING!

Thanks. We're reaching a decision. That's very important.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
Plainmech,

Does that make sense?      :?
It does, if you're a Mormon....:cheeky1::cheeky1: Dang; I probably just pissed someone ELSE off....sorry...:shock:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Motorcycle Pete wrote:
swampfoxcws wrote:
Plainmech,

Does that make sense? :?
It does, if you're a Mormon....:cheeky1::cheeky1:
Don't go there, if you're coming here.:bananas:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Yeah...apologies. To each his own....didn't mean to get "political" on anyone...:cooldj:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Well, I don't consider liking alcohol to be a "religion", so I think it's a philosophical/political difference??? :D

My God (funny, me saying that), I'm just burying myself deeper and deeper, so I'll give it up, now. Seriously, no offense meant...:waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I'm a recovering alcoholic (you know how we are!), and Red is a non-drinker..... but we don't make ourselves obnoxious about it...... so go ahead! We just leave and go our righteous, outraged way if everyone gets drunk and obnoxious! Like I used to be!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Naw...I'm obnoxious enough, Mel, without being drunk! You'll find out, I'm certain....:D

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Don't sweat it, Pete. I don't know of anyone taking offense. I'm actually pretty happy that we're not the kind of riders who ride from one bar to the next.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.