·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

I don't see a problem getting it as long as you know what you are committing your self to. I want a side car real bad, and would be willing to do the work. You may have alot of money into it by the end.

:action:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

hi kenswing80 ! i had a sidecar on mine and would just like to share my experience with you. if you are going to put some money and a lot of time on this sidecar you may want to know that it takes about 10 hours to install and align and thats without counting the paint job and parts that you will have to change. the driving is very different from riding just the bike. but anyways if you need help installing it just pm me if you want to do it quicker ...lol

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

For the condition and not knowing if all the mounting hardware is there or not I wouldn't give more than 200 for it.

I'm fixing to mount a 92 Hitchhiker to my 1100 already in usable condition and only paid 400 for it. I've been told I could get 1200 for it just as it is as this is a popular older model to get.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Nothing to it but lots of work. Sidecars are not cheap. As tracker4x44 said alignment is VERY critical. Your car needs to toe in to the left a few degrees and your bike will need to lean left a 2-3 degrees to counter the pull of the side car. If you don ot get itright, it will handle like a turd and you will hate sidecars. As for some solid advice, get rid of the big sail (the car's windshield) which will be dragging you down. Unless windshields are aerodynamic, they push alot of wind and create alot of drag and on top of that the wind they push gets push on to you making winter riding REALLY cold. Here is a geat site full of infomation on "hacking". Best of luck and hope to see you out there hacking.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Being a sidecar newbie, I figured I should ask here. And I sure am glad I did. Thank you ALL for your kind words of wisdom and tips.

I think I offer two bills and see what happens!!! I'm not afraid of work, but your tips really made me think about what a can of worms this could be...

Thanks again,

Ken :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.