Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have an 84 Interstate and a Velorex sidecar. I'd like to "marry the two"; or at least them get into a conjugal situation. What I need to know is this:
1. Are there strut extenders of some kind that you can pivot on the end of the struts through the ferring so that they can bolt on to the frame. I am thinking about the diagonal part of the frame that extends from the plug area up to the water bottle under the ferring.
2. Is that portion of the ferring detachable to allow easier access to the frame for the diagonal struts I have now?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

had an eml on my '86 and the mounting went through the rt fairing lower and had to make a hole. now I have a motorvation on the bike and the front strut attaches to the frame under the fake tank cover just behind the fairing. I do have a 1200 lower with a hole if you need one.

rodger

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

rcmatt007:

Where did you get the extensions to go from the strut out through the hole so that you could attach the struts to the sidecar?

Dean

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Just a follow up...I meant the extensions from the frame out through the holes so they could be lined up with the struts for the sidecar?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

sorry for not getting back sooner. the motorvation had the frame mounts with the set-up so it was simply a matter of attaching in the right place. Every sidecar is different in the attachment device to the frame and you basically have to go with what that sidecar has UNLESS you know someone with lots of sidecar experience who can fabricate what you need. Have you tried the website of the united sidecar association? not sure the www. but a search engine can find it for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.