Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is there any way to adjust the angle of the sidestand? When my 82 gl1100 is on the sidestand it looks almost like it is straight..Or is this mormal.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

sounds to me that you need to put new springs in. once i put new springs it changed my angle so much i thought the bike was going to tip over.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I would tend to agree with Bschofield on assuring that your at the correct ride-height before chasing alterations, but...

For some lowered bikes, the angle of the stand (and or length) can be altered to get the bike to rest more securely. The process is fairly easy, but you'll need a litle time with a welder. My personal preference is to NOT reduce the overall length of the stand, but rather to adjust the pivot angle of the stand if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

satan wrote:
I would tend to agree with Bschofield on assuring that your at the correct ride-height before chasing alterations, but...

For some lowered bikes, the angle of the stand (and or length) can be altered to get the bike to rest more securely. The process is fairly easy, but you'll need a litle time with a welder. My personal preference is to NOT reduce the overall length of the stand, but rather to adjust the pivot angle of the stand if at all possible.
AWWWW hadn't that about the lowering option.. if the bike has been lowered, customization is definitely needed.. but if it is stock, then it does not have the correct ride height! completely agree!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Check the air pressure in the rear shocks.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Keep in mind also that there are at least two different lengths of OEM stands for the GL1100... I don't know which one goes with what, but I can definitely say that having bought a couple off salvage bikes.. not all are equal..

If it is the original (most probably is).. it should correct, but if it has been replaced, who knows..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.