Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to drop a quick post about how impressed I am with Sierra-mc.com... true professional, in my opinion!!

I have an 85 Aspencade and the RM-1100 radio was not working well at ALL. The tuning switch and mute switch weren't working, tape belt was dust, sound kept dropping out, etc. etc.

All the issues people have posted about troubles with their radio, I had it.

I sent it off to them from work along with a list of the issues and included a return shipping label.

5 business days later, got a call on my cell phone from the tech and he explained all the work he did and that it's running fine now. I went through all the issues and he could tell that I didn't quite believe him that ALL of the issues were fixed. He assured me it was 100% good to go.

I had included my PayPal info in the initial delivery and as we were talking, I got an invoice notice. Keeping him on speaker, I jumped over to my PayPal app and noticed it was $20 cheaper than I expected, but paid it anyway. I asked him why the invoice was only $100 and he explained that the normal fee of $120 includes $20 for shipping. Since I provided a return label, I got $20 off!

As we finished up, he mentioned they saw my payment and it was on it's way back to me.

I joked that isn't it interesting that during the phone call, I got the invoice, paid it and sent confirmation all while talking on my cell phone. He responded in the most dry, monotonistic voice with "We live in amazing times, sir. Enjoy your radio." LOL! That made my day.

Got the radio back and yes, EVERYTHING works as stated!!

These guys rock! If you are hemming and hawing over keeping the original radio vs an aftermarket, I say KEEP IT! I have the CB, Volume control, etc so I wanted to keep it all stock.

Seriously.... http://www.sierra-mc.com/ is the place to send your radio!

:claps:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have a 82 GL1100 Aspy....and I second everything ResDog said.....called em' explained symptoms, they said to send in tuner, turn around was super quick, and my Clarion ll sounds great now....very good company!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I've used the services of Sierra twice now for off season radio repairs. Once was to fix a intermitent dropout in my '85's Type III AM/FM/Cassette deck and they fixed the tape deck which had not before worked ..... they cleaned and replaced the belt ... it's been perfect since and that was years ago.
Later my Auto Vol unit failed and so I sent it in and in just a few days, I got the call that it was ready too.

Super folks and when I see Wayne or their setup at a Rally, I make it a stop and they have always taken care of any defective headset cords and sold me spares (I carry a spare for each) or even the occasional helmet / headset setup .

They are a great example of what "customer service" is all about, have been the dozen or so years that I've been aquainted with them. Every time I've recommended them and my recommendation followed, I heard nothing but Thanks from the person for steering them that way.

;)

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Yep, they worked on both my radio and my cb. One of the best companies I've ever done business with. No excuses or bad service. Just great repairs at a reasonable price. Pretty impressive for a company working on 25 year old electronics!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
they have also talked me through fixing things and trouble shooting proublems i have.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
The are a great company and Wayne ,who is one of the guys over there ,oftens comes on our forum to help members out who are having radio problems ..
great to hear good feedback on a deserving company like sierra

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Sierra are definitely one of the best companies out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.