Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There are times when I just hate winter........

Attachments

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

and you ski... I don't... my winter is worse than yours... :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

around the end of october I start counting the days until the days start getting longer.... it was even worse when I lived as far north as you...

truely t'is SAD

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
and you ski... I don't... my winter is worse than yours... :cheeky1:
So far, not enough snow in our mountains to ski.... areas not open.... may be one of the dreaded sun-spot, or El Nino years, when the snow doesn't come! Then I will go crazy.... would have to break out my Silhouette Rifles then, or climb up to Camp Muir on Rainier, ski down.......... come on snow, or come on spring!

:dude::dude::dude:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
come on snow, or come on spring!:dude::dude::dude:

I hear ya, CJ... seriously, I hate winter.... and deal with what rodger says too (SAD).. times like this, I wish I was a bear..just sleep the whole winter away.. I was born and raised at the 42 degrees North and didn't know better.. spent 40+ years at 33 degrees N on the pacific ocean:dance: and learned what sun and good weather really are.. now back to 40 degrees N and hating it!!:shakehead: Can't wait until I'm back in California....

edit: I see you are at 47 degrees N :realshocked::shakehead::realshocked::shakehead:....

(anyone confused?? we're talk'n latitude.. not temperature)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I'm not into snow (I came from North Dakota) but where is that picture taken Cousin Jack, it's beautiful.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
I'm not into snow (I came from North Dakota) but where is that picture taken Cousin Jack, it's beautiful.
It was taken in North Dakota! (Which you probably knew! :cheeky1:) Theordore Roosevelt National Park......North Unit...... just days before our Michigan crash...

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
It was taken in North Dakota! (Which you probably knew! :cheeky1:) Theordore Roosevelt National Park......North Unit...... just days before our Michigan crash...
hehe,:cheeky1: and people think ND is just flat,well actually it is :dude:We used to fish and explore the silos (missile) near there. :action: (back in the 60's)

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Just like the Counting Crows said..."It's been a long December"...definitely the longest month of the year...It really sucks..

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

But, as much as I dislike December, it does host my favorite day of the year..December 21st...the winter solstice...the shortest day of the year...After that, it just gets better and better..

·
Premium Member
62,938 Posts
imported post

We're looking for snow here also.. The ski resorts should be open but haven't yet.. They don't have enough of a snow base to put on artificial snow..
3 of our 9k + passes are closed but I think they close them in anticipation of snow...
We're getting more mountain riding time but I liked to see snow.. We need the water........

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I was out on my bike today, been a couple lousy weeks for weather. Temps down in the high 30s and low 40s are bearable if they wouldn't keep this damn fog hanging around. It really feels cold when the air is so damp. It's weird to watch the weather and see the coast ten to fifteen degrees warmer than here inland. The reverse of what things are supposed to be. Stupid Al Gore!:whip::whip::whip:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

Plenty of snow here, the local ski areas opened before thanksgiving and are going strong.

We snowmobilers are all chomping at the bit, trails don't open until after Deer Season ends, December 19th.

The way it has been going the past several years I wouldn't be surprised if it all melts before christmas any way.

There will be no more riding around here until spring, too much salt and sand on the roads now even if it does warm up some.

BTW Snowing irght now, those big, fluffy Christmas Eve flakes.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

You think your winter sucks, up here on the 54 latitude we get snow mid to late October most years and can't start riding until the end of April or the start of May. The lake I live on is not ice free until mid June. Daylight??? today sunrise 8:46 sunset 4:26 PM. oh yea my new wing should be delivered today. The moral to this is that no matter how bad off you are someone has it worst

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

CJ, by the way, did they ever arrest that deer that made that illegal jump in front of you? Should be ground into sausage in my opinion!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Big Kahuna wrote:
CJ, by the way, did they ever arrest that deer that made that illegal jump in front of you? Should be ground into sausage in my opinion!
BK, naw..... as far as I know, there's a deer running around in the woods of the UP, Michigan, with a Spectra-Red paint smear on it's side....... it supposedly got up ran off, although I didn't see it....too busy trying to remember who in the heck I was!

:)

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Went up the eastern shore of Virgina and parts of eastern shore Maryland yesterday. I was going to make a 2 day trip, only about 400 or so miles, but the weather was nice and decided to do it in one (when I got 1/2 way there)I don't know what the temp was, but I got cold as the devil last night and wet too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.