Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this site while trying to figure out why my auto cancel on my 05 1800 gold wing stopped canceling.Cleaned the switch and it didn’t help.

·
Magic Moderator
4,226 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
I'm going to send this thread over to the technical section where it will get attention.

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
Does the auto volume on your radio work?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
The cancel unit is in the steering stem. Have you done any work on the front end? To access the cancel unit, you will have to remove the meter panel and the plastic cover over the steering stem. A rubber cover over the center of the stem. You will see the wires going into the stem. There is a plug inside there. Check and make sure it is not loose or corroded.
Also check up under the fairing, just above the wheel. You should be able to see the bottom of the cancel unit. There is a tab that fits into a slot on a metal plate.

If you have not done any work on the front end (steering stem bearings, or front fork removal, nothing should be out of place.

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
Is your speedometer working?

If you lose your speedo, you lose cruise, auto-cancel, and auto-volume.
I made the assumption that the speedometer was working since it wasn't mentioned. The auto volume is on the same line from the instrument cluster as the cancel unit is why I asked about it and not the speedo & cruise.
I guess we will wait for answers from the OP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts