Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It seems to me that I have to keep switching my signal light back on 2 to 3 times because it switches itself off before I get to the turn. Is there any adjustment to this or is it something I have to accept?

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Hi Richardrwg

I know on the 1500 some owners have had a similar prob and there is a way of disconnecting the self cancel feature. I have no doubt a Guru will be along soon to tell you how to do it on your GL1100

Eric

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

No adjustments, but... if you want to defeat the self cancel feature on a 1100, unplug the plastic black cancel boxinside the shelter.. it is accessible inside th hatch without removing the shelter.. left side and high.... can be left in place or removed.. its held with a bracket and a molded rubber mounting strap.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Not 100% sure about the 1100, but both the 1200 and the 1500 have 2 auto cancel systems. There is the turn sensor that shuts the signal off after a turn and there is also a speed sensor. If you are above 30 mph (50 kph) the signal light will only flash 10 times (GL1200) or 8 times (GL1500).

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Not 100% sure about the 1100, but both the 1200 and the 1500 have 2 auto cancel systems. There is the turn sensor that shuts the signal off after a turn and there is also a speed sensor. If you are above 30 mph (50 kph) the signal light will only flash 10 times (GL1200) or 8 times (GL1500).
On the GL1100 all of the above go through the cancel box... unplug it and it is totally manual..

.. won'tsay for the 1200 and 1500.. everytime I guess (based onmy GL1100 experience), I'm wrong..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

the 1200 has the sensor in the steering stem, but if unplugged it is a totally manual system it will not turn off unless you cancel it

my preference is to keep the self cancel feature and just re-boot it if necessary

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Now that's a pile of turn signal medicine I can use!

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I appreciate all the feedback, where were you guys when I had to figure out how to program dvd player/recorder. Still haven't figured that thing out yet.

I'll leave it on, I like having the auto-cancel since there's no audible to remind me. I always have a pet peeve when I wind up with someone who has there signal light on for mile after mile (then they usually end up turning in the opposite direction). As long as it's a common thing and not a problem, I can live with it.

Thanks again.:bowing:

There calling for sun and near 60 tomorrow, so I'll beout making the most of it.:action:

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

The GL1100 is supposed to automatically cancel its operating turn signal? Huh. How long is it supposed to blink before shutting off? I've been doing mine manually this whole time.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

vabikeguy wrote:
The GL1100 is supposed to automatically cancel its operating turn signal? Huh. How long is it supposed to blink before shutting off? I've been doing mine manually this whole time.
82 and 83 1100 only. not the 80 or 81 jb

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

vabikeguy wrote:
:waving:Not all GL1100's had self-cancelling turn signals. According to the 1980-1983 Honda GoldWing Service Manual the self-cancelling turn signal feature is effective only on the '82-'83 GL1100's.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

One of the first things I did on my 1100. $##% thing wouldn't stay on, so I took the advice of someone on here and pulled the plug for the controller box. Voila.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

My 1500 turn signal has never shut it self off. Iv'e looked for a unplugged wire or something missing, but realy don't know what else it could be.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

ozarks56 wrote:
My 1500 turn signal has never shut it self off. Iv'e looked for a unplugged wire or something missing, but realy don't know what else it could be.
3 pin black plug behind the left front turn signal, white/black wire. Easiest place on a 1500 to disconnect it on purpose. PO may not have liked the self cancel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.