Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question? If the silicone rectifier in the clutch and neutral indicator circuit is missing or faulty will this prevent my 1200 Aspencade from starting:confused: .Many thanks Dagodave

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
are you getting spark ????? you need the neutral light switch working or bypassed ..

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rectifier

Many thanks Ciaran i have just started to restore my wing and the guy i got it from said it was missing, is it a common silicon rectifier if so i should be able to get one from RS spares or Radio Shack. On different tack i have spent many hours fishing the Barrow and the Slaney at Craignamaner and drinking in Fethard.Happy days, Best wishes Dagodave

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
I thought a silicone rectifier was a breast implant.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
In a short answer, Yes, from looking at the wiring diagram, this diode should be in place in order for the start circuit to be completed.

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
It should start with the clutch pulled without the diode (rectifier).

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rectifier/diode

Confused is it a diode(current flows one way )or a rectifier converts ac to dc more to the point what is its function in the clutch and neutral indicator circuits dave c

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Confused is it a diode(current flows one way )or a rectifier converts ac to dc more to the point what is its function in the clutch and neutral indicator circuits dave c
The diodes function is to isolate the neutral indicator light from the clutch switch.

If it's shorted "passing current in both directions" the neutral light will come on each time the clutch is pulled even in gear.

As Dave said, if it's missing the neutral switch is no longer connected to the start switch and the clutch "over ride" switch will need to be used for starting.

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
Yes it is a diode, Honda chose to call it a rectifier instead. A rectifier is a group of diodes arranged to divide the +&- sine waves of AC into a DC square wave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.