Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just wanted everyone to know that my friend, LDWingnut, has had a wonderful response to his single carb setup and is barely keeping up with orders! He has sales all over the U.S. and Canada and the responses have been excellent. His manifold is a quality piece of workmanship and the new carbs he provides works flawlessly. L.D. will start on a single carb modification for the GL1200 this winter for those who may want to pursue this type of fuel system for their 1200.

This old man deserves a lot of credit for his determination and perseveranceto create a product that helps keep these great old bikes on the road, reliably, cost effectively and is so simple to swap!

Thanks for helping my friend!

Bernie

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,668 Posts
imported post

I truly wish that had been available for the 1200 back when I had mine.

The carbs on mine were a PITA and the sole reason I got rid of the bike.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sounds great Bernie! I just wish I had the funds to try it. I'd also would like to see some one attempt to build a setup for a throttle body fuel injection system, but since the 1100's don't have an onboard computer system to work with I don't think anyone ever will.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

Hey guys,could I get some information on the single carb setup,it would be for a '78 wing. Thanks

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,668 Posts
imported post

Go to the Technical Forum, there are two single carb threads running there now. Both of them are stickied at the top.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

I sincerely believe that the single carb modification and the Poorboy alternator modification are the two best mods you can do to these bikes! Not necessary as long as your OEM carbs and alternator are functioning properly, but when they start giving problems these are cheap and reliable solutions.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

I just bought one of LD's set ups for my 1100 but have not had a chance to put it on. There is nothing wrong with my oem carbs but I just wanted something different. If they are selling that good I guess I want be different LOL. Dwight

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
I sincerely believe that the single carb modification and the Poorboy alternator modification are the two best mods you can do to these bikes! Not necessary as long as your OEM carbs and alternator are functioning properly, but when they start giving problems these are cheap and reliable solutions.

Bernie
I agree, just need the bucks to order his carb setup!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.