12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Great ! :)

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
imported post

I would think the SU carbs would be too tall to work. Plus they take oil so you need to be able to remove the top plunger.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

Yeah, I don't think that I would use an SU either. I'm grateful that someone did provide flow data though. I've seen some crazy stuff mounted atop a GL motor.

'Ya never know...

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

I just posted the Info on another post, a repeat post kinda about the BackYard Site where we did these conversions, alot of Info. WE had to commbine the two site or all the Info that was gathered over the years would obviously been lost, No thanks to msn:X, but a big thanks to Vic !! CapMid my conversion, as of to date is the Holley/Weber 32/36, whatmight bethe CFM on that model, any Ideas:shock:?? :coollep:Thanks,Bob

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

Bob, If you have the Holley 5200 (a Weber 32/36 manufactured under license by Holley, known simply as the Holley/Weber) and it is aftermarket, you could have one of two. The small primary 23mm flowed 235 CFM and the large primary 26mm flowed 270 CFM, either of which provides enough flow capability for our GLs.

Measuring your primary venturi will tell you which one you have. That's all I can tell 'ya, but I'm sure you deduced that much already...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
imported post

Bob... If you have a similar carb as the one pictured, I'd say that you probably have the 26mm primary / 27mm secondary 270 CFM variety.... as evidenced by the "70" stamped on the filter base.

BTW, that seems like a really fair price..

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Mr.GrayGlen, the link you indicated are the Photos from the old web site saved before MSN shut us down, it was the only place we could transfer them Ibelieve:). And thisis the link where we saved the old posts which containslots of info on carb conversions,...http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/viewforum.php?f=93 . These are our old posts saved to Vic'sWeb site, thanks goes to him other wise both links which holds welltime spent ideas would have been lost:clapper::clapper:!!! :waving::waving:Bob PS, Thanks CPMID;);)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

Actually, CPMID, I was able to get a 2into1 adaptor for $15 but have not used it:D!! Even though they are rebuilt and for what I'm using them for, it was a big saving over a new one:dude:
:waving::waving:Bob

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

We love spares.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

CapMid wrote,... We love spares.. :) What are you talking about????:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::D:D:D:D:shock::shock::shock: :waving:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

Extra carburetors... Spares...

I thought you meant the carb was a spare.... ooops..:?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
imported post

You do know I was referring to another post when you said that to me,.......remember:shock::shock::shock:;););) Laugh Cap Laugh:cool::cool::cool::waving:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

I gotcha.... :D

21 - 40 of 591 Posts