Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Need some advice on brake pads. I am going to replace my brake pads on my 07 Wing and would like to hear some opinions on sintered vs non-sintered and EBC brake pads. I had heard that you should not use sintered pads on a bike that didn't come from the factory with sintered pads. I have also heard that if you replace the front pads with sintered you should replace the rear pads with sintered at the same time. Rumors???

Thanks for the advice in advance.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thansk for the quick reply - they are OEM rotors.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

I have the same question. I bought the EBC sintered brake pads for my 94 GL1500 with original rotors. Was this a mistake?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Follow up question. Any thoughts on Vesrah pads??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

datadavid wrote:
Follow up question. Any thoughts on Vesrah pads??

Thanks.
Don't buy the vesrah pads they're of poor quality.

I would buy the Marshals brand in which I have had very good feed back from them.

OEM rotors will only except what the manufacture recommends weather it be metal pads or the organic pads due to metal thickness and heating treating process of the rotor.

The metal in the padshold more heat which will damage rotors not designed for them.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

SailorKane wrote:
I have the same question. I bought the EBC sintered brake pads for my 94 GL1500 with original rotors. Was this a mistake?
They will work but "could" shorten rotor life.

Most of EBC rotors are designed for there sintered pads.

If you look on your OEM rotor there will be a wear tolerance stamped on it, mic your rotor to see if it meets the wear limit.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

On my 2005 I have replaced the pads once so far. I went with the OEM pads and am quite happy with the performance and wear. Many others seem to like OEM also. However some are running the Traxion pads. They are made by Vesrah I believe, but they are proptietary made for Traxion. Those runing these pads report better stoping and less pad dust. However they are quite expensive compared to OEM.
As far as most of the other pads available, EBC and standard Vesrah..... too many reports of squeeling brakes with these pads, and rotor wear. This turned me to install the OEM pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.