Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Visiting Historical Sites is kinda of a hobby of mine..At Galveston Texas there used to be several old "Bunkers" built to protect the Gulf Coast from an enemy attack..Then the Army closed them down and the wood floors inside rotted away, the concrete floors becamed filled with blowing sand. A super slide was at one time built on the top of it, then it closed..But This was over 47 years ago, right after my wife and I got married we bought her a 1958 Hillman Husky Station wagon cute little sucker...Well one day we drove to Galveston from Houston seen this old bunker, there was a couple of guys on dune buggies driving threw it, so we decided to try it..

Inside the openings were built to where if it took a hit, the bomb would not get into the living quarters, ammo etc..Now imagine the entrances were a "V" on each end, and the Middle was also a "V", so once inside without your head lights on you could see just enough daylight to keep on the "road"...

Just before we made the turn in that "V", we heard voices, male and female...The girls were scared the boys were putting on a bavery act.."Nothing in here hurt you.... So come on cowards"..That Hillman was so quite, we eased foward just enough to see them outlined by the sun light, but we were in the dark...They couldn't see us...The horn on that Hillman was a sick horn..When you pushed the horn button it "Growled" then "screached like a banshie"....

Two blasts on that horn had all eight of them turning in their tracks, running into the wall several times, over each other, Screaming "MONSTER"..OH Lord it was so funny, we eased out the back way drove around to see this huge crowd of people listening to these eight teenagers telling how they escaped a fire breathing MONSTER....OH Yeah I turned the fog lights on..Not red but yellow ones...

Now that bunker is part of a fancy hotel and it serves as a wine celler and storm shelter...Too bad cause we can't pass it without laughing at the day a MONSTER was discovered in it....:ROFL:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.