Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Halfway point, 500+ miles on the clock and everything is going smooth. Only problem is the cruise control dropped out, but I do not use it that much anyway. Any quick fix ideas?

If I can finish up here tomorrow, Thursday I will be swooping Oklahoma!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I hope you are enjoying your trip Brojees! Ride safe. :waving:

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes I am, thank you!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Halfway point, 500+ miles on the clock and everything is going smooth. Only problem is the cruise control dropped out, but I do not use it that much anyway. Any quick fix ideas?

If I can finish up here tomorrow, Thursday I will be swooping Oklahoma!
Check that the clutch lever and the brake lever are returning fully to their correct positions ,,otherwise ...no cruise control ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Ciaran, the permissives are clutch, front brake and rear brake correct with nothing else? Min speed perhaps?

I am hearing the click on all, clutch and brake and brake light is functioning so I am leaning away from this. This morning I happened to test my Christmas lighting ensemble as well and it is intermittent as well, so I am guessing a wiring issue. I did hyperextend the bars to the left working it our of where I was blocked by two cages, so that might be it. Actually not too worried until I get home if the kill switch is not affected and it seems to be fine. I do use the throttle boss far more than the cruise control and as it is not Christmas, I do not need to light off all the lights. (Besides I can't afford the gas consumption, this is a paying run!!)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

MUM!! dA!! i'M HOME!!

Ran like a charm, but I need to troubleshoot that cruise control. Oh and I decided while I was riding along with my audio tapes, cell phone, CB and stereo all going off in that helmet of mine; I needed a drink...So I bought some 4mm tubing and now I can sip the juice while I roll along!! Now where can I find a heads up DVD display for a full face hemet?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think a catheter, a good filter, and some tubing and one could really clock some miles.:rollingeyes:One more month and I'll be on the road again for a goodly ride, ready to go now!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I am thinking of a catheter. Of course I am a "very active member"!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Thanks Ciaran, the permissives are clutch, front brake and rear brake correct with nothing else? Min speed perhaps?
Minimum speed and throttle close and gear position switch, won't engage in first three gears.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Throttle close?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, if you shut the throttle all the way down the cruise disengages.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

No ****? That explains something, thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.