Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My son and i left Gig Harbor Wa. Tuesday 6/9/ 6:00 am heading to San Diego. Nick rides a yamaha r6 (zoom splat). To my suprise he rode that thing all day. We got off the slab (1-5) @ grants pass onto 199 to Cresent city California. For the next two days, we enjoyed the best seenery and the most twisties and sweepers I've ever been on. One sign on the PCH said curvey road for the next 67 miles!! And awsome senery. We rode just under 600 miles a day for 5 days. The first two nites we spent in youth hostles on the coast, than thursday and friday night we stayed with Nicks Father in law, in San Diego. We didnt ride on friday just went to the beach and hung out. Nick is moving down to so. cal. in September to go to school, so he left his bike @ his f.i.l. house to store for him. On the way down, to my suprise Nick rode his bike all but 60 miles. I hoped on his bike on the coast hiway and carved up some corners, it was a blast. That bike is so quick and lite ( less than 400 lbs.) and handles great We left s.d. @ 6:00 am on the slab this time, ( two up switch off @ each fill up) and made Redding by 6:30 pm. We pitched the tent and soaked in the hot tub till bed time. After a much needed rest, we hit the road agian at six am and pulled into his [email protected] 5:30 pm 2852 tolal miles on the gps. One lifetime of memories with my 27 y.o. son. :action:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

And those will be memories that you both take to your graves.

Good on you both for making each other's trip of a lifetime. :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,793 Posts
imported post

I well remember the trips that my son and I have made on our bikes. There just is not any better way to enjoy each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.