Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We had a temperature inversion in the Pacific Northwest for several days..... cold and foggy in the lowlands, sunshine and warmth on high. Suzuki DR Fred and I went up on Nanum Ridgeagain to playfor several hours. Riding rough dirtroads on a good dual sport is a lot like skiing; there is a rythmn to it, a method.... one becomes so engrossed with the lay of the road and how the bike responds to it.... times goes away, and becomes irrelevant..... I'm learning to stand on the pegs and use my knees. Like riding a horse! Blasting through the shaded remnants of an earlier snow storm is a special joy.

Up Cook Canyon, across Colockum Pass, and down Coleman Canyon, scaring up huge elk by the score, passing hunters down at the canyon mouths sitting in their trucks! I wonder if they know that the elk just go higher?

My "doohickey" replacement seems to be working well...bike hums like a stoned kitten. I have a cordura bag on the rack witha water bottle,extra tube, tools, tire irons, a Slime inflator, and a chunk of 2 X 4 to use as a jack....... Self-sufficiency, it's more than getting home on time......

If I got any happier, there'd be two of me!

(Colockum Pass..... stolen from the Internet. I swear I will have my own camera by the first of the year!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Ah the fun of it!
Reminds me of back in the day when my brother and I went 480 miles in the Los Padres Forest on dirt roads and fire-breaks, all in only one weekend! The area is closed now but what fun memories we had on those little Honda trail bikes. Always said we would go back and break 500 miles but never did, keeping the rides per day a bit shorter.
You can really experience the "one with the machine" feeling when out in the dirt!

:action::action::action:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

You have all the fun CJ. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good for you:cooler:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.