Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi was wondering if anyone has any positive feedback on this gelpad from SKWOOSH
SKWOOSH GEL PAD
I know I've seen at least one person some time back , that's how I got the link:cool:
Thanks, Ray:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

has been a post sometime back as i recall it was about 50/50. have you tried the pad from walmart or flying j

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I sure haven't but I do have the misfortune to have to go to walmart today so i'll check it out.
Thanks, Ray

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i use one and i like it 20.00 or so good luck

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

where would I find it in that horrid store:shock:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Auto dept, seat pads/covers section. It's just a waffle style rubber pad in a cover. We use them with a gel pad added in them as they have a zipper. We had them with us when we all camped together.

I've looked at those Skoosh pads before and have thought about getting those as they have the sectional pads in them so you have a tail bone relief built right in them.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

My wife uses a sheepskin covered gel pad with a tailbone cutout. It allows her to ride about twice as far. Its called the "Ortho-Deluxe" from http://www.amspecialitiesusa.comfor about $120. I've known others who swear by it, too. They'll take it back if you don't like it. Good company. [gel pads will raise you about an inch higher from the ground].

Also check this archive:

1. sheepskin seat cover - New Members Introduction Forum - Steve ...
  2. I prefer a plain sheepskin myself. Also, I've heard some good things about the $20. waffled-rubber, 'stadium seats' from Wally's in sporting goods or auto dept. They can be trimmed.
  3. Cushions &seats seem to be a very personal preference with the plain sheepskin being the most popular, but still not for everybody.
    Good luck !

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I have just allowed my own natural padding to develop. It works fine and I always have it with me.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Bob W wrote:
I have just allowed my own natural padding to develop. It works fine and I always have it with me.
at 300 pounds I should be OK:D but its not I have a sheepskin just want more comfort for my area down yonder;)
Walmart didn't have anything there:shock: so I'm going to bite the bullet and try this gel pad out with my sheepskin.
Thanks everyone, Ray:waving:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Give us a ride report on it after you've tried it for a few hundred miles. I may get some for us if your report is good.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I sure will, my tailbone is the major problem which the sheepskin helps but doesn't totally. The split pads is what makes it interesting / appealing to my bottom side:action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
I sure will, my tailbone is the major problem which the sheepskin helps but doesn't totally. The split pads is what makes it interesting / appealing to my bottom side:action:
Same here, especially for Linda.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Just completed my speedy checkout, it ships via priority mail and total was $47.94.
Lets see if it was money well spent:D

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Just an update, they just emailed me my shipment confirmation, wow that was fast:cool:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

That pad looks good. I see it uses a non-slip material so it doesn't move. Only concern I might have is having it move either getting on/off the bike but also I stand up when riding to stretch sometimes and wouldn't want it to fly away.

OK, open fire about unsafe standing up when traveling.....

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I stand up on occasionally :action:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Thanks Ray, looks like I'l get relief too! I can get them locally here in Victoria BC Canada and at $39+ tax I'll get one tomorrow when I'm in town. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
http://www.skwoosh.com/dealers.php

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I'm going to break down and get one of these if Ray and Tracy like it. I need something to give me some......ahem......relief.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Let me know what I'm in for:D hope it works for us both:action:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.