Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on my 82A. In taking the vacuum chambers off each carb and the slides with needles, I have one needle that is firmly set in the slide, unlike the others that are wobbley (?). Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to loosen up this particular needle? Thanks, Dan.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Wow, that's a new one. How about some PB Blaster?

EDIT: I see what you're talking about. Thought you meant the needle was stuck in the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

On a 1000 carb the needles are removable. They can be unscrewed using a straigt blade screwdriver from inside the slide. If you go this route make sure you pay strict attention to any washers under the screw as this is a critical tunning point. If it were me I would take that one apart and another one and try to determine if they are setup differently.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

just as Whisker said, goes for the 1100's. there is a plug on the top of the slide, remove that and take a flat headed screw driver and remove the needle

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I had one on my 1200 stuck. It was stuck with varnish. Some spray carb cleaner should do the trick. Dont overdo it as that stuff is harmfull to your seals.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It took a bit of PB Blaster and about 30 seconds soaking to break the slide needle loose. Thanks for the suggestions.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.