Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Type of oil? Motorcycle? Automotive? I keep following this post and perhaps you answered the question and I missed it. They will slip if using oil with friction modifiers as in most oils off the shelf.

·
Administrator
22,055 Posts
Just normal 10w40 motorcycle oil. Like maybe Mobil or something? It's definitely designed for wet clutches and is not car oil.

What's the JASO rating?

Personally, I don't think it is oil causing your slippage. You will probably want to decide if you can get the swing arm off, or if you will need to pull the motor.

Either way, the clutch is going to have to come out. The damper plate is no longer available new, so you'll need to figure out how to rebuild yours.

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Billy: I acquired and restored an 85 Aspencade last year and have the same issue. Hammer down 3rd and 4 Th. gears heavy acceleration the clutch slips. With a wink to other Insistent posts here- Mine is certainly hydraulic.
1200s do have hydraulic clutches, 1000s and 1100s do not. :wink2:

·
Toolcraft4100
378 Posts
What's the JASO rating?

Personally, I don't think it is oil causing your slippage. You will probably want to decide if you can get the swing arm off, or if you will need to pull the motor.

Either way, the clutch is going to have to come out. The damper plate is no longer available new, so you'll need to figure out how to rebuild yours.

You can rebuild the clutch in the 1000 without dropping the motor or the swingarm.
https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6905

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts
obscenities.

There is "no need" for them period.
and the discussion here on the subject is ended.
any further attempts to discuss this will end up getting some one hurt..
I am deleting all posts relative to this topic now.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts