Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 97 has 87000 miles on it . Sometimes when driving in hot weather there is a faint antifreeze smell when I stop ( engine temp is fine ) ; also if I park it one the center stand for a couple days there will be about 2 drops on the garage floor at the middle front of the engine . If I park it on the side stand no problems ?? I have't had to add any anti in 3 years

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Sounds like water pump weep hole..it's a warning that your pump is starting to go or an o ring has failed..new pump, new o rings..or rebuild pump..not a regular thing but can be done..on the 1100 you have to take the whole front case off to get at the pump..not sure about the 1500.

Note with a small leak like that..probably not a do it tomorrow kind of thing..but sometime in the next few months for sure.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

check where there is a little hole under the waterpump,
if antifreeze is noticable, your waterpump is going

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks gentlemen . You are telling me the same thing I was thinking ; I would say it is a job for this winter when I put it away . Had the same thing happen to the 81 wing I had before this , only it was leaking quite a bit more . Just found it a little strange that it only leaks on the center stand .

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

The may be so small that on the side stand it sits to the side?? and runs out when you are riding...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

if you can smell it its cooking on the eng somewhere...from the res. elbo...plastic micro cracks steams out without notice...a leak at the rad hoses...the rad crossover hose or a cracked radiator...or the real fun one...rotten orings at the heads....w-pump will drip on the ground and blow back(wind) but will probably not stink up the place!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.