Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, i have been having trouble identifying why i get smoke from the exhaust only when the engine is warm. had a previous post on this and firstly i thought the smoke was white but it seems now to have a blue tinge to it. The coolant has small blotches of what looks like oil but im not sure. i know this could be a sign of a blown head gasket but the coolant level is not at all dropping after a long time of running. Oil and coolant is new but from the dip the oil looks to be in order, havent yet dropped it to have a good look. Also the sparks do not look clean, there new but they dont look like coolant has passed them, nothing smells like coolant from the back end either so im at a loss to what is happening???

Thanks again Ali

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi Ali when the bike gets up to temp all the metel expands and you get seepage i supect your piston rings are not up to scratch or the cynlder walls are worn would acount for the smoke and the plugs getting fouled

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

If you still haven't put any miles on it since getting it running don't worry about it yet. It might take a couple hundred hard miles to loosen up the rings. I rode my 81 that had been sitting a long time for several days before it quit smoking.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

should be getting some tires for her soon, got the tags today so tires are next then she is ready for the road. i will get some miles on her and give you guys an update.

thanks Ali

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Pour a bunch of sea foam into your plug holes & let it sit for a day. Than run it with around 5 ounces of sea foam in the oil. That will help loosen the rings & crud inside the engine. Replace oil & filter after around 100 miles.

Bikes will also smoke a lil if their runnin rich.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

i will try that to see if it clears up. shouldnt take long to rack up 100 miles as long as every thing else is ok

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.