Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well !!!!!!!. that's it I give up. it snowed today,:thumbsdown:no accumulation but it still sucks. I guess it's time to put the aspy to bed for the long winter

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

So what......

It's just a little white stuff that melts off the roads. You don't drive in the grass (do ya?), So don't worry about it, just make sure the roads are clean and dry and go for it.......

Don't put her away...... don't give up on her....:sadguy::sadguy:

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

We had snow here and they salted the heck out of it. Goldwing is done until the spring rains clear the salt away.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

We had snow flurries and went for a ride:action:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Yea..... Gotta agree with you on that Doug. I lived in Syracuse for too many years to mention. My Father In Law was a director at Onondaga Community College and he road his 750 there when ever he got the chance. After he couldn't drive it any more it sat in his garage for 3 years before we took it out and nothing on the bike moved accept the wheels. The exhaust fell apart in our hands and the rotors weren't recognizable.

NY should have to give automobile registrants a refund every year for all the damage they do to you vehicles...... of course..... they'll just up your tax more than that so either way your screwed........

Did I ever mention why I don't live in Ny anymore......

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

A friend and I were running through your area yesterday.

I try to stay on the road until Dec 1st, but if we consistently get snow 3 days in a row, well, then it's beddy bye time.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Snow? What's that?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

82gl1100iwingman wrote:
Snow? What's that?
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

I hate the snow and cold so much, I finally made the move to settle in Arizonja for 5 months. Love the warm, dry weather, Perfect for biking. :)

:18black:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Believe it or not..............it's freakin' SNOWING outside my front door right freakin' NOW!

What's with THAT! It's the supposed to be the West Coast out here! You know........Canada's tropics!

T.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

This was Halloween weekend here in New England. Before and after pictures. Thankfully, it didn't last!

And the season goes on ...

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Ummmm what is this "snow " stuff you guys talking about??????????? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I think I will go for a nice relaxing ride for all you snow bound guys this weekend!

Dubs

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bamaeagle wrote:
Ummmm what is this "snow " stuff you guys talking about??????????? LOL
It's similar to that 100 degrees with 100% humidity that you guys get in the Summer. Both will keep normal people from riding. ;)

John

·
751 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
We had snow here and they salted the heck out of it. Goldwing is done until the spring rains clear the salt away.
Goldwings are made for riding not parking !

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
imported post

A couple of years ago I went riding in a snowstorm. I bought a backup efi computer on ebay and the guy lived about 30 miles north of me. The only way to test it was to put it in the bike.

It started out as just flurries when I left, but turned into near white out conditions. You should have heard the truckers talking about me on the cb as I went by. The strongest comments were from the salt truck driver. It was pretty funny when I replied to him and asked him to talk nicer about me.

It handled very well considering the conditions. But I did have to hose off the salt later...

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

As I've gotten older, riding in the cold and rain and snow just doesn't sound appealing to me anymore. I guess I'm not 18 anymore. there was a time when i'd go riding in any weather just because i could.:11red:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

hi dusty boots ,glad to see another winger in my neck of the woods, maybe we can hook up for a ride in the new year

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

ddrichard wrote:
hi dusty boots ,glad to see another winger in my neck of the woods, maybe we can hook up for a ride in the new year
You better have your bags packed well, a new set of tires on and a lot of money in the bank for Gas........

When Dusty goes for a ride, DUSTY GOES FOR A RIDE!!!!!

I think his last ride was a little over 22000 miles................

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

No snow here, c'mom down, ddrichard, Dusty & I meet in Madoc, Douro for coffee, I was across through Wilno on Hwy 60 last Tuesday. :action::action:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.