Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
Dave,

I think that in addition to that, delete all the cookies in your browser, that will remove all of the info that AdChoices stored there.

so far, I have not been having any problems, but that might be because I always run AdGuard

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
I have 4 ad blockers running and they are all doing their job.
The one with the 14 along side the shield is from the Opera browser, there's ABP, Avast and AdGuard.
Nothing gets in this computer that is not invited by me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
I am using Avast and AdGuard.

I have the Extensions installed for AdBlocker Plus, but disabled at the moment.
Wanted to see how effective AdGuard is, and I must say it is very good, because I can't tell that it was turned off.

Since this laptop is on Linux, I am not using AdFender anymore.

But all is well for me.

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
Between Avast, AdGuard and the Opera blocker the ABP is just quiet but if I go somewhere else it gets one. It works well for me and keeps the nonsense away.
I look at it this way, its my computer and i don't want ads. Some sites will put a screen up that says, "If you want to view the news article disable the blockers". I just move on.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
yeah, some news sites are really bad about that, I just find a different source and get the same news.

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
I just go to AP News or UPI News and get it from the source and they don't pester me about ad blockers. Yahoo News may have an interesting story every now and then and the rest is garbage. MSN is about the same, mostly nonsense. I read the military news over at Navy Times.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
I look at the Tulsa news tv channel online,

and news.google.com simply because I can totally configure it to find the things that interest me, and what order they will appear in...

Never see any adverts on their main page, it all happens when I follow a link to the Washington Post, etc... if you spend more than 15 seconds on WP, they bitch about the adblocker....

i just click on 'okay' to unblock and keep reading...

·
Administrator
25,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
OK, this thread has drifted way off topic.

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.