Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:dude:

I had time in hospital to search for a new bike and I got a lot of help from you folks on this forum. I stumbled across this 97 SE they we asking $9000 for. The bike has 22k mile on it, is loaded and has been very babied. It was previously owned by a dealership owner who sold it back in January 2008 to this couple who met with misfortune because he, the rider, broke a bone in the back of the kneecap that when surgery was done, he was no longer able to bend it all the way or aply a lot of weight to it. It also happened to be his left leg. So it was sitting back at the dealer when I found it. I did my home work (buyoligy) and asked some special question. Ultimately, found it to be on consignment by the couple. After telling them my story, I made mention of the fact that I had mistaken it for one listed at $7100, but said I would look out for a buyer for them. I got a call last eve asking me if I would take it off their hands for $7100. I told them I only has $6900. They called me back and said they would take that. We are picking it up tomorrow morning. I am very excited. it will be a while before I ride it, but after seeing it (it was totally detailed and all he very minor flaws fixed) it was like buying a new one.

So, what do you think? Good deal?:grinner::jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

WOW!!! Great deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WTG. Best of luck to you with your new ride. Now it's time to pull out the maps and plan a ride.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you are happy, what more can you ask for:cool:. Except maybe good weather, wait a minute, you live in Southern California, it never rains there, and it is always sunny, why aren't you out riding yet :cheeky1::cheeky1:. Great looking bike.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Sounds like you are happy, what more can you ask for:cool:. Except maybe good weather, wait a minute, you live in Southern California, it never rains there, and it is always sunny, why aren't you out riding yet :cheeky1::cheeky1:. Great looking bike.
Technically, I cant ride for six week, I was only released Wednesday from the trauma ward. However, I will drive it home tomorrow. Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

that is a beautiful machine.... I hope you have many thousands of miles of happiness ...... WITHOUT using the Tim Taylor discount in the hospital.......

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Nice indeed and looks almost as if straight from the factory so you can dress it out to suit your taste.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

What a nice find . I hope your healed up soon and able to be back on the highway . Enjoy your new bike .

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Man that's awesome

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

One thing for sure, that is a pretty one. I hope you enjoy it well. Kit:clapper:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Hey Dragoon, have you left yet or did you camp out on their doorstep :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the recovery and the bike. Looks real good. And it's just what you were looking for to boot. Plus you got it for a good price.

I guess I won't be looking at any local bikes for you.:action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Nice find indeed!!! Glad you found a replacement so fast!! Now take the time to heal before busting loose on it for a 300 mile ride. Broken ribs don't heal very fast and easily break again if not fully healed.

I haven't heard from you since my call but I guess your out of the hospital and back home from reading this.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks all for the good thoughts. I am out of hospital now, went to LA to pick up the bike. I just could not believe it. New tires, new front and rear brakes and a new bike cover. I simply need to change the grips and add the light bar and it is complete. The seller told me he put 500 miles on it so he had no idea how everything works. I checked it out and everything really does work. IN fact, the dealer who owned it before must have done some work. Why I say this is because it has heaps of power compared to my old one AND I can set the cruise at any speed (maybe that was just the 97) but I set it at 85 just to test it. I rode 77 miles home but won’t be riding it for another few weeks once I am cleared from my Dr. I have to check out the back tire. It is not a car tire that I can see ( am not nimble yet) but it has a car tire tread, go figure. There is a towing package on it that has never been used ( I can tell by the ball) and maybe Dunlop makes a special tire for towing. I am walking on air now. It seems to be an even more beautiful red, but once I finish putting the Liquid glass on it I am sure it will shine like Rudolf’s nose. I will take more pics once she is cleaned up. The cover has not been taking off since the dealer detail so I don’t have much to do.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the great deal Dragoon. I got a decent deal on my 97 1500SE [black/chrome] w/ 20k miles last winter.

The alternator conked on our first ride, so I put a Comp-U-Fire + AGM battery in it. Also put new tires on it even though they looked goo....I always do that with any bike if I don't know about patches, etc.

Think about a voltmeter, I got one from www.cyclemaxohio.comfor about $22. Sure is nice knowing the status of my electrical system.

Hope you heal fast !! :)

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I can just feel the elation when I read your posts!! Happy day! And a SMOKIN deal! One hell of a bike, I swear you are gonna be head over heels in love with it! Mine is triked, but the motorcycle beneath it all is a fantastic machine.Enjoy dreaming for spring!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.