Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to run to the market because I am making my wife's famous zuchini chili...

82 miles of glorious Texas hill county, dawgs!

T

·
Administrator
28,075 Posts
So did you get the zucchini? :whoops:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I know where to shop for utensils :D
Some people use wooded spoons... I use paint stir sticks. I soak em with olive oil first. They work great, wonlt scratch Teflon and they're cheap.

T

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Kind of like when I put my bike away at night. I park in front of the house when I get home from work, then just before bed it's an 8 mile ride from the front of the house to the garage. Got to keep the battery charged you know....

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Hey us385south,

Got a question for ya… a bit off topic but didn’t want to hijack someone else’s thread…

What gives with the flags??? Are you a transplanted Maritimer? Or have you just been there and fallen in love like so many others?

I lived there back in the early 70’s in Rocky Harbor – Gros Morne National Park. My father was the first warden there when the park was opened. An incredible place on earth… a UNESCO world heritage site.

I seen the flags in an earlier post and was curious.

Tim.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mister Fingers...

I was at NASSIR last summer... I kissed the cod, or something sort of approaching a cod... I threw back the screech and shouted;

"Long ma yer big jib draw!"

Yeppers! I'm an honorary Newfie... eh!

T

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Must be AWESOME chili, look how it disolves the marking on the stir stick!!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Sounds like you had a few Newfies in that crowd, complete with flags. A wonderful group of ambassadors to our little part of the world. They are among the most genuine people I know. We’re proud to call them our own!

If you ever get a chance to visit our area, you wouldn’t be disappointed.

Where I use to live on YouTube…

http://youtu.be/oHmsHU1zuoc

http://youtu.be/VP1HQRLM_oI

Stay Safe.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Looks good, nice tip with the stir stick's, and I really don't see a problem with the distance to the market. Sometimes you must ride a little further to get to the really good stuff!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been meaning to get up to Canada... but I just keep getting older. It was fun... even if those canucks did make me kiss a fish!

My wife loves this chili... I have to admit that I personally want to thank the folks over at Pintrest for motivating my wife to cook again.

I can't really remember when I started using stir sticks for cooking... it was 'prolly back when I was single. But they work well... especially stir frying veggies or browning meat. When they wear out, toss em and get another.

They say they'll give you drain bammage, but it ain't happened to me yet. For proper gastric effect, remember to soak them in methylene chloride first.

:raspberry:

T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.