Discussion Starter #1
imported post

cuts down on rolling resistance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

If he had a passenger would that make him an 18 wheeler?

:raspberry:

·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I discussed this with my friends at coffee and now believe that this is the low budget version of a motorcycle ejection seat.

Rear tire goes flat, you get into a wooble, no time to recover.....place feet on ground, release bike and roll away to stop. Of course, this would be done only on crotch rockets as Gold Wings should not be dropped.

One caveat, do not use on downhill grades.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

wcleafs2002 wrote:
I discussed this with my friends at coffee and now believe that this is the low budget version of a motorcycle ejection seat.

Rear tire goes flat, you get into a wooble, no time to recover.....place feet on ground, release bike and roll away to stop. Of course, this would be done only on crotch rockets as Gold Wings should not be dropped.

One caveat, do not use on downhill grades.
Ya, no kidding. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

Have you ever noticed that most harley riders should be wearing skates? I am amazed at the number that walk their bikes when they take off form a stop.

Now check yourself when you take off. If you are guilty of this, STOP NOW, you make all Wing riders look bad.

I was told by a friend (that rides a Hardley) about this and he said that it was due to their forward controls. He said that with your feet forward, you could not put your feet directly ont he footrests without "peddling" the bike. I asked if I could ride his bike around the block and he got all excited thinking that maybe I would start riding a pig, I mean Hog. I proved to him thaqt it was just lazy riding or no skill that required the foot down take-off. I then informed him that I would rather ride than polish my bike. He got upset.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

LOL, I only do that when traffic is moving sooooo sloooowly for soooo long that it's not worth letting the clutch out.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I wonder if you could put a trailers no those skates ?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You guys never saw outriggers before?:?

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Hey isn't that kind of like an ejection seat for motorcycles you just stand up the bike goes on and you skate away....

·
Not Quite Right
2,525 Posts
imported post

That's so he can grab the passenger rail on the highway and get towed down the road by his own bike.

I laugh at how many guys at the school drag their feet all around the parking lot. I've always been scared to death of pinching my ankle on something, so my feet are up before I'm even moving most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.