Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is he jacking up the roof, or pushing the porch down???

I took this in my Lil town today...

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Woa, that is not exactly a light weight jack either. I know, earthquack country.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
I say...yes...

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I think he's just trying to compress some lumber!!!!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Definitely he's holding up that roof. Looks like a bad situation no matter how you look at it.:D

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
imported post

If he puts too much pressure on this setup, he will blow the jack and post, out into the yard, because they are not lined up properly.

I have done this type of work many times and have learned to be careful.

It would be fun to watch though:shock:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

no worries...

Rob and I were walking this aft, and that guys house is on main street. I had seen that set up awhile back-its been like that for over a month?!?

His porch is elevated and stick built, not on concrete. So, he's just spreading them apart, the way I figger it.

******* construction, to say the least...

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Well according to Newtonian physics "for every force there is an equal and opposite force". Which explains why green is the fastest color!

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
no worries...

Rob and I were walking this aft, and that guys house is on main street. I had seen that set up awhile back-its been like that for over a month?!?

His porch is elevated and stick built, not on concrete. So, he's just spreading them apart, the way I figger it.

My first thought was that he was getting ready to replace the support post but if he has no support between the jack and the ground I'm at a loss. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Cant You all see, :(Thisperson had surplus wood that he wanted to keep till he need it at a later stage .:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
UBarW wrote:
no worries...

My first thought was that he was getting ready to replace the support post but if he has no support between the jack and the ground I'm at a loss. :baffled:
That's my impression too, but I think being he has it setting on a knee wall at the porch he's fixing to replace alot more than the post.

Be sure to keep watching. There just might be a America's funniest video episode here. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

I think he's jacking up the roof to slid in a second story.....

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Dave-85-LTD wrote:
If he puts too much pressure on this setup, he will blow the jack and post, out into the yard, because they are not lined up properly.

I have done this type of work many times and have learned to be careful.

It would be fun to watch though:shock:
Eve tho the 4X is on an angle it is also not centered on the jack. That 2X nailed to the 4X throws off the image. That original roof column doesn't look very plumb either.:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.