Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1989 1500 wing had what I thought was a burned out bulb in the left cornering light. I went to mother Honda and spent 10 dollars for a new bulb. when I replaced it it still did not work. Upon closer examination the "socket" that the bulb twists into had what appeared to be melted - just a little - enough so that contact was not being made with the bulb. I would like to replace both cornering lights with diodes to lower the draw on the electrical system and set them up to be running lights.

Has anyone ever done before? Who carries the socket? Who carriesw the diodes? Where could I get clear lenses for the assemblies?

Thanks guys - all ideas welcome

Mike

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

mjohnson wrote:
My 1989 1500 wing had what I thought was a burned out bulb in the left cornering light. I went to mother Honda and spent 10 dollars for a new bulb. when I replaced it it still did not work. Upon closer examination the "socket" that the bulb twists into had what appeared to be melted - just a little - enough so that contact was not being made with the bulb. I would like to replace both cornering lights with diodes to lower the draw on the electrical system and set them up to be running lights.

Has anyone ever done before? Who carries the socket? Who carriesw the diodes? Where could I get clear lenses for the assemblies?

Thanks guys - all ideas welcome

Mike
Not too sure what diodes do in the circuit. It seems to be that using them as running lights is going to increase the load on the electrical system since they are on all the time and the cornering lights are intermittent.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Take a look at JC Whitney..

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys - Its nice to know there is someone(s) out there to help out!:)

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Mike, those sockets are always melting. Most GL1500 owners that I know have had this problem. The sockets on the cornering lights (running lights from 1998) are not up to the same standard as the rest of the bulb sockets.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
Mike, those sockets are always melting. Most GL1500 owners that I know have had this problem. The sockets on the cornering lights (running lights from 1998) are not up to the same standard as the rest of the bulb sockets.

That's correct. I know plebty of GL1500 owbers with the same problem. The socket is too flimsy and soft.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

The ones on the GL1800 melt as well. Whoever makes these things for Honda should be told to get their act together.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can vouch for the 1200s sockets having a tendency to melt also. Honda could do better.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I can vouch for the ones on the 1800 foglights melting. The aftermarket EC ones seem to last better for some reason, even though they don't look a lot different than the Honda articles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.