Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When I bought the LTD, it was obvious there had been a few mods. A corbin seat, a new exahaust and a new windshield to name a few. What has me wondering, is a square hole on the right side fo the fairing in the same location as the headlight adjuster is on the left hand side. I may just be a location where a rubber plug may have been. But I'm guessing it may have been more than that. I certainly don't remember having anything there on my 84. Any ideas? Windshield height adjustment maybe?

Right now I'm figuring that may be a good candidate for 12 Volt socket to run a FM Modulator/MP3 combination.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Apparently the rubber cover that normally fills that hole has gone on a trip of it's own.

On the SE, there is a knob that looks just like the headlight adjuster in that space to open footwarmers. The footwarmer knob gets twisted and 2 little vents open up to pull warm air from the exhaust manifolds and past your feet. On the trike, my SO says the heat hits the fenders and rises up to warm her a bit. They work great combined with the air deflectors that attach to the engine guards, but definately make sure they are _closed_ in the hot weather we are having.

On your LTD, I would say it's fair game for anything that will fit. I've seen power sockets, a gear position indicator, and an LED battery monitor in that spot since I've been paying attention to such thingsin the short time we've had our 'Wing,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There wasn't anything on the right side on my 86 SEI except the round molding that looks like a place to mount a 12v outlet. I've got the same thing on my 1500.

Thanks Ozarkryder I've wondered about it.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks guys, I love this forum

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I just last night open the square hole up to add a cig lighter for my GPS.. a little akward working but after a struggle I got it wired up.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I am new to Wings (1 week ago I got a 96 Interstate - bye bye ST100 )

Is this square knock-out a good spot for mounting an outlet for MP3, radar detector, etc. or is it better to put it elsewhere?

My Interstate has a short AUX connector in the left pocket for MP3 so I was thinking about mounting lighter type power unit in there.

I am green as can be and hoping your experience will be my teacher.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Generally power sockets would be better mounted inside a fairing pocket, better weather protected, but a weather proof outlet might still be useful outside for some applications.

My 1500 has the adjusters for the foot warmers in this position, so no socket there for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.