Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an extra set of Aux Heater Vents that bolt on the outside of the fairing covering the radiator vents. They have a flip lever to switch from putting heat on you or out the regular area.
These vents add a fair amount of heat to you, not like a Buick though. I have been thinking about hooking up a switch to turn on the radiator fans to get a little more heat from them when needed.
This is the original set, put on by the first owner when it was new in 99, that my friend Dan had replaced when he tipped over the bike on the left side and damaged the left vent, which is repairable, lower inside corner missing a small section, and a few dings on the outside edges. So it will need repair and paint. On the right one, only thing wrong is the chrome is blistering a little on the outside vent.
These Aux Vents are no longer available and I don't know the manufacturer's name.
SOLD

These are how they look mounted(The ones I'm keeping are on the bike, not the ones I'm selling)

These are the ones I'm selling,

Right Vent showing chrome puckering

Right Vent End view

Left Vent pics show the damage to the left vent from a tip over by my friend Dan.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I read a thread that the poster had run a switch to add a ground into the wire from the radiator thermo switch to the radiator fans to complete the circuit like the thermo switch does to kick on the fans to get heat to come out of the vents when you want some heat in the winter. This still allows the thermo switch to work properly to turn on the fans as needed to cool the radiators in the summer.

I'm getting ready to do this to my bike.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

PM Sent

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Replied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts