Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold my 1980 1100 with vetter today to a guy that drove all the way from oklahoma city. it was sad to see the old girl go. i do know it went to a good home and him and his wife should get many years of good riding out if the bike. i am however enjoying the new to me 98 se. i told him about the forum so i hope to see him on here soon.i will always remember my first wing!!:sadguy: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Well congratulations and condolences to ya.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
Going by the photo, I would say the guy got a great Wing:)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Nothing wrong with moving up!!!!! Congratulations and enjoy the new to you ride!!!!
I have been thinking of doing the same.... Going to an 1800 GW!!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Congrats. My first bike was a 1998 White SE. I feel the 98,99,2000 models were the best of the 1500s. You have a great bike.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Congrats on the sale Mike!! Im sure youll miss her but just take the other one out for a ride and that will help you forget...lol

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I felt the same way about my 86 when I traded it in for a 2004 wing. I hope she finds a good home. You sure had a nice looking bike though. Any pictures of the new one?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I don't know guys. I just couldn't bring myself to selling any of my bikes. Watching someone else throwing a leg over and riding her away to who knows what. He'll prolly clean her seat with Armour-All for Christ Sake!! I plan to give mine away to family when they are ready or when my time comes.

Maybe (probably) I got it wrong, that these bikes really are just metal and plastic, foam, vinyl and rubber. By I know mine have souls too! A personality! To call a bike that you've taken apart down to the frame and lovingly rebuilt "just a machine" would be like calling your dog "just an animal". You wouldn't sell your dog just to make room for a newer, sleeker, more fasionable model, would you?

I feel your pain, Bass!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new bike

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire pic of new bike

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Congrats on the new bike - I'm sure you will love it.

I'm glad you found a good home for your 1100. She is a pretty bike- the picture doesn't do it justice.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Nice looking bike! I think moving up is the wrong phrase. I think going newer is appropriate.

I am considering going newer to an 1800, although my 1500 has performed so well and with no problems for 28,000 miles in two years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.