Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:crying: Well I sold my Goldwing Standard today. It was my first Goldwing and it ran great. I sold it to a wonderful couple who looked at several other bikes before buying mine. I think they will enjoy it and it looks like it's going to a good home.

I just hope my Aspencade doesn't get lonely in the garage by itself. However, I'll take it to work tomorrow and we will have lots of time together.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Look on the bright side Jerry, you have one still and there is another new Winger and partner to add to the fold. Hope you told them about the site when you handed the keys over. I wore black arm bands when I sold my first, still makes me sad to think of it, especially as she gave me such good times and many happy miles. :(:cool:

Had three more since and was sad to see the two that have gone, leave, but am overjoyed to have the "new addition". It's a bit like having a new baby I guess, only this time I'm old enough to be her grandfather!!;)

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I just bought an '83 Standard off ebay. Hopefully I can fix it up and have two bikes to ride. Depending if I feel like riding naked or not. I can always use it for parts if I need to....

Raymond

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hope you told them about the site when you handed the keys over. I
Pete
:action::action:You bet.:action::action:I also suggested that he take the Advance Motorcycle Safety course and she take the beginning course. He plans on taking a trip of the coast to Oregon and then she is going to meet him and ride back.

Unless I heard him wrong, he rode choppers about 16 years ago, and now has a Suzuki 750 and his longest trip has been 40 minuets. I think this guy will be ok, but I'm amazed that so many people think that the skill needed to ride a bike consist of starting it up, putting it in gear, and letting out the clutch. As has been posted on this forum numerous times, some of these people have little or no experience ridding a big bike, let alone going cross country, yet they want to turn the key and go. God bless them and keep them safe.

I know for me, I've been ridingfor 3 years after a 18 year layoff, and I know I don't possess the skills to really handle the bike. I know because I use to race my Honda 350 through the canyons when Iwas immortal.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Amen to that Jerry, I had my first wing backin 78 when I was a fit young man and I hopped on it having ridden other bikes and boy was it a handful. Got used to it though, and my youth and faster reactions got me through a scrape or two without incident.

2nd one I had, I was about thirty something and promptly threw it down the road after a week or so. Kind of forgot that they don't lean far when you give them a big fistful up a hill with a 90degree bend looming. Instant lesson and many£££ wasted on the repair.

Got an 1100Aspy upon my divorce three years ago and she was great, seemed like second nature to ride. However, not satisfied I have gone for a 1500SE and that sure is a beast. I am having an "interesting time" when I come to a stop, seem to have two left feet and get in a right state. Riding along seems ok, and I have become the worlds most defensive driver anyway, but I recon some advanced driving tuition wouldn't go amiss.

Hope the new owner of your baby, is ok with her, they are a love 'em or hate 'em bike, with luck it will be love and his riding times will increase into hours, days months and years.

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I just bought an '83 Standard off ebay. Hopefully I can fix it up and have two bikes to ride. Depending if I feel like riding naked or not.
Hey Silicon Sam :baffled: So you can ride two wings at the same time and you naked. :doh: Are there any Police in Austin, Texas. :stumped:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

It might be legal in Texas ??!!:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Silicon Sam wrote:
I just bought an '83 Standard off ebay. Hopefully I can fix it up and have two bikes to ride. Depending if I feel like riding naked or not.
Hey Silicon Sam :baffled: So you can ride two wings at the same time and you naked. :doh: Are there any Police in Austin, Texas. :stumped:
It's okay, Austin has a dry, warm climate! You'd want a cloth seat though, be tough to bear sitting on a vinyl one that's been in the Texas sun:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing, Maybe you could convince your neighbour to get a wing with no extras and ride around the Island naked, that might cause a stir in the community. Mind you with the weather over this side of the pond I don't recon you'd be out much!

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Redwing, Maybe you could convince your neighbour to get a wing with no extras and ride around the Island naked, that might cause a stir in the community.
Hey Silverfox :leprechaun:My neighbour says that an:18red:cannot be bought without the side panniers and trunk, that would leave her naked. :stumped:Oh gee that would not be allowed out here on the Islands :doh:We have one police officer here and he is very strict about people going around naked. :doh:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

A couple months ago when I had to sell mine, I sat on my porch and watched it roll away on that trailer.

Man the feelings, seeing it ride down the road on its own before loading it up, running good with a fresh battery, then seeing it dissapear around the corner never to see it again was awful & brought a tear to my eye.

Hopefully I will regain the winger status again soon.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ran429 wrote:
A couple months ago when I had to sell mine, I sat on my porch and watched it roll away on that trailer.

Hopefully I will regain the winger status again soon.
Hey ran429 :waving:Dont fret you will ride a wing again. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.