Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I am down to 1 wing. My 85 is known as "wing2" around here but now there is no wing1. Found someone, or someone found me, that was interested in it and yesterday they picked it up. For the last 6000 miles I have been the only driver of this fairly pristine 77 GL1000. I nursed it back to health after my fatherinlaw bought it new in 77 rode it around the country and just around but parked it 18 years ago for another steed(but he kept it well sheltered). Felt just a little sellers angst as he rode it out the driveway.

I had never heard its engine from anywhere but sitting atop it. Hoping it has found a good home.

bob

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It is strange to hear your bike when someone else is riding it. When my brother visited me last summer he took my 1200 out a couple times. It sure sounded good going up the road. You hear the the exhaust but not the little noises. I know how you feel seeing someone take it away too, I sold the 1200 to get a 1500 and felt a bit sad watching the GREEN MACHINE leave.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Well Bob, all babies grow up and leave home sometime. Here's hoping yours is well looked after and enjoys another 30 years at least. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey revinger :waving: Sorry for your troubles :crying:but thats what makes the world go around :jumper: I would never part with my steed for all the money on the Island. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I know exactly how you feel. I sold my 82 Aspencade about 6 years ago, and since I saw her tail lights, I regretted it. I just got back on a wing last month though, and I couldn't be happier. I got on the bike today to take a short ride, and ended up putting 120 miles on her (I know, still short to some of you, but it felt damn good to me; it was my first decent highway ride since I picked'old blue'up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.