Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

YES I passed after 9 goes, so next is my full test. I have asked in the post if any one would meet me at squires so i can try a wing but having not still tryed one ill think when i pass my test iam going to stick to small bikes till i find one to try, colin apply yards wont let me try one :(

SOLO

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

So what is a theory test?

Kit

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
On thi side of the pond you have three tests to get a full licence and then if you are under 21 it is restricted for 2 years

CBT before you are allowed on the road, then you can rie on "L" plates, Theroy test, multiple choice, need to get 70% out of 40 questions. Main road test.

If under 21 after all that r restricted to 25 kilowatts of power for two years.

Its very complicated.

[align=center]WELL DONE SOLO[/align]

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
On thi side of the pond you have three tests to get a full licence and then if you are under 21 it is restricted for 2 years

CBT before you are allowed on the road, then you can rie on "L" plates, Theroy test, multiple choice, need to get 70% out of 40 questions. Main road test.

If under 21 after all that r restricted to 25 kilowatts of power for two years.

Its very complicated.

[align=center]WELL DONE SOLO[/align]
:waving:Thanks for the explanation. Good show Solo!!

So restricted to 25 Kilowatt eh? I guess this is why Redwing has to ride a little Honda 50. He has never passed his test. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

******* sent me some of the requirements for a motorcycle endorsement. Some neat stuff!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Good show Solo, lookin' forward to hear your good to go.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Well done Solo:action: The test is just as complicated here so I have an idea of what they put you through and what's ahead of ya !!

Eric

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hello.

Well test should be in few months just saving up, then ill pass hope so ( i will ) then its a bigger bike time :)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Well done.:jumper: :action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Congratulations! Here in the States it isn't that hard, the learner's permit is a simple written (actually on computer most places now) test much the same as the basic driver's test. That will get you a learner's permit which means no passengers and no night riding in some States. After that you have to take a riding exam which in Washington and Oregon mean you ride through a cone course with an examiner watching. Not particularly difficult either though the cone slalom in Washington was a bit tight for a Goldwing. It doesn't matter how old you are you get the full license no bike size restrictions.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Bottom line it takes all the fun out of it .

In Ireland we have a 25 kilowatt output OR a power to weight ratio restriction , it's a friggin mine field and I thank the lord that I passed my test back in the old days when it was a lot more straightforward.Our new hurdle is CBT ( Compulsery Basic Training)Whichmeansall newly permittedmotorcyclists must undergo training on an obstaclecourse ( about 10+ hours)and pass a test before they are allowed onto the public road at this point they have to wait a further 6 months before they can apply for theirfull test and on passing that there is a further restriction on the size of the bike for two years THEN you can go and get yourself something bigger .Simple innit !

E

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a way of regulating you off the road, to me. Even so, I take my hat off too you all (SOLO too), for enduring all that and still prevail. I had no clue what you went through. I'd say that kind of dedication, puts you a cut above the average rider. Just MO.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ScooterTramp wrote:
...25 kilowatts of power...
You lost me. What's up with that?
Just another way to express power, one horsepower is approximately 746W so 25kw would be 33.5HP. (25,000/746=33.5)

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Great job Solo!!! Bet you cant wait for the next test! :action:Good luck!! ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.