Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Solution for leaking clutch or break site glass.

I have seen several suggestions to fix this problem, but I just discovered one that takes little time or effort. Some have reported to use a dime then JB weld it into place from the outside.

Here is my solution, don’t use an American dime for they are a little smaller than the diameter of the site glass but if you use a Canadian dime all you need is some silicone sealant and a punch and small hammer to made the repair. The Canadian dime is a press fit for the site glass hole. I would only use one that is made of silver to prevent corrosion. Job takes about 15 minutes total.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Thanks, nice to know our money is worth something somewhere :waving:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Thanks, nice to know our money is worth something somewhere :waving:
Make that was.:shock: It's been over 40yrs since a Canadian dime had any silver in it.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Well it seldom is worth much in the US at the best of times ....

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I went to look to see if I could get a date off the Canadian dime I used to repair my bike but could not find a date as they don’t put the date on the front. The coin was in with some silver coins my wife had collected over the years. The US stopped with the silver in 1964 and I don’t know about the Canadians.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

The last Canadian dime with silver in it was in 1968.
Understandable as even at 50% silver which it was and today's silver prices it would cost about $1.25 in silver for each dime.:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

how do you see the fluid level?...aaa-haaa it took a canadien(myself) to realize this...god im good.. eh!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

grambo wrote:
how do you see the fluid level?...aaa-haaa it took a canadien(myself) to realize this...god im good.. eh!
That was my first thought too....:waving:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
grambo wrote:
................er..............take the lid off? Took another Canuck to figure THAT out?

You guys are giving us a bad name...........:ROFL:

T.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
grambo wrote:
................er..............take the lid off? Took another Canuck to figure THAT out?

T.

I refuse to ride around with the lid off.....:?

:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
tnoort wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
grambo wrote:

T.

I refuse to ride around with the lid off.....:?

:ROFL:
Ahh..........you could put it on after.........oh, never mind!

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.