Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It might be possible to weld a slight extension to the centerstand so you'd have a little more foot leverage. I assume you are using the technique of lifting the rear of the bike while pushing down on the centerstand step? If you get your timing right it can help to start by rolling the bike backward just a little as you step down on the stand you can get just a bit more momentum that way.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
I can put my neighbours :18red:up on the centre stand just aseasy as my Honda 50. :clapper: I know im very old but T.G. i have no problems with any of my joints.
In my youth I had problems in a couple joints, but nowadays I don't go to those kind of places anymore.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
exavid wrote:
In my youth I had problems in a couple joints, but nowadays I don't go to those kind of places anymore.
Your probably built with plastic like your :15red:
No,I was lucky in my ill-spent period in my youth, was always able to handle the slings and arrows.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If the feet hit the ground sooner by having the feet extended forward it seems to me that it would make it more difficult to raise the bike since the centerstand would be at more of an angle when it hit the ground.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
I cobbled up a sling with a hook on the bottom. It works great!!!
I could take my ass out of the sling and use it to raise my bike! 'Cept I don't think I could get it out, it's been there so often.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Yes I know how it is done, shot right Knee won't allow me to put that much pressure down on the stand, and I can't balance enough on the left leg to do it with the left leg on the stand.:( So that is why I'll be modifying the cs.:)
Thought about putting an extension on the right side?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm beginning to think that someone needs to design an exercise machine that would mimic the action of putting a Goldwing on the stand.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One thing that will help a lot in getting the 'Wing up on the center stand is to remove the stand, clean up both it and the pivot tube, grease them up well and put it back on. It will really reduce the effort needed.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's easy for me too, I just park my bike over a storm drain in front of my house and dump the oil. It helps the salmon get up the river, nothing like a good coat of oil to make 'em slippery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.