Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

If having the bike upright is a concern while checking the oil. Loosen the dipstick then sit on the bike. Don't forget a rag. Reach down and pull the dipstick and check it. I do it on the VTX and the wing. Pretty easy.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
imported post

bobg wrote:
has anyone come up with a solution to this old problem?the post is 5 years old. but i don't see any follow up on a solution. any ideas?:?
Talk about an old post!:shock:

Well, since then, I've worked with the doc's and now my knee can get the bike up on the stand as long as I'm wearing the right shoes. I only had problems with the 1100, didn't have problems with the 1500 or the 1800. It is mostly how you go about getting it up on the stand, use your left hand on the left grip, right hand on the rear handrail, right foot pushing down on the CS pad, pull and lift (right hand) as you come back, and be pushing down with your foot, and she should glide right up on the stand.:smiler:

Gene:byebye:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
It's easy for me too, I just park my bike over a storm drain in front of my house and dump the oil. It helps the salmon get up the river, nothing like a good coat of oil to make 'em slippery.
:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing wrote:
I can put my neighbours :18red: up on the centre stand just as easy as my Honda 50. :clapper:  I know im very old but T.G. i have no problems with any of my joints.
In my youth I had problems in a couple joints, but nowadays I don't go to those kind of places anymore.
"What's a guy like you doing in a joint like that?"
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Or, as my wife's orthopedic surgeon said to her, "What's a joint like that doing in a girl like you?"
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Actually, I think anyone who wants to ride and handle a big bike well should be doing a few weight-lifting exercises.... bench, bent rows, modified squats (thighs parallel to the floor), and tension cord pullovers (for the rotator cuff encapsulating muscles). Can't hurt!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Actually, I think anyone who wants to ride and handle a big bike well should be doing a few weight-lifting exercises.... bench, bent rows, modified squats (thighs parallel to the floor), and tension cord pullovers (for the rotator cuff encapsulating muscles). Can't hurt!
I do squats when I check my tires, bent rows when I drop a glove, and tension cord pullovers when my son is riding on the back and I grab his head and pull it forward so I can smack him better when he says something stupid. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Funny, I couldn't get my '82 900 Custom on its centerstand until I'd gotten the '83 Interstate. The Interstate rises up pretty easily with my left foot on the stand tang, facing backward, and applying contant up-and-back pressure on the saddlebag guards.
After doing that a few times, I finally mastered the left-hand-on-left-grip-pull-back-and-stand-down method of getting the Custom up.
Although 135 to 150 pounds lighter, the Custom still is harder, though.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.